(wL) Forums

Full Version: Building a New Rig
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If someone is building a PC right now and not sure what parts to buy, feel free to message me and I can suggest what to buy. Free of charge!

Most people don't realize that they can build a good gaming pc for $500. Of course thats not including the software like Windows but you can always download it for free!
I'll message you later this year, however, not all parts are available here Big Grin
I'd suggest waiting for August to come by. New GPUs and CPUs come out and bring the prices down severely!
cucubelu, post: 90803, member: 15378 Wrote:I'd suggest waiting for August to come by. New GPUs and CPUs come out and bring the prices down severely!

I totally agree with you bro! If the budget is tight, they can always go with AMD rather than Intel. Thats what I did! 8 Core CPUs, man I can run multiple programs and have multiple windows open and my PC won't even do a hiccup! I love my rig! :p
[Jollibee] RoMz, post: 90805, member: 16548 Wrote:I totally agree with you bro! If the budget is tight, they can always go with AMD rather than Intel. Thats what I did! 8 Core CPUs, man I can run multiple programs and have multiple windows open and my PC won't even do a hiccup! I love my rig! :p
Pretty much my ultrabook does it...
http://www.logicalincrements.com/ is pretty legit. It won't take into account current sales, but will certainly steer you the proper direction.

(Same dude keeps up with this as the old /g/ FalconGuide)
I built my gaming rig for $400. Granted, I already had the SSD, mouse, keyboard, monitor and OS, but so do most ppl. Also, it's ITX form factor which is perfect.
Pishtim, post: 91179, member: 3115 Wrote:I built my gaming rig for $400. Granted, I already had the SSD, mouse, keyboard, monitor and OS, but so do most ppl. Also, it's ITX form factor which is perfect.

What is your video card?
Nvidia GTX 650. I almost got the TI for just a few dollars more, but in the end this suited my purposes. I went with Nvidia since I needed a card to take advantage of my monitor's 3D Vision, but for those of you deciding, you get more for ur money with Radeon.
Pishtim, post: 91200, member: 3115 Wrote:Nvidia GTX 650. I almost got the TI for just a few dollars more, but in the end this suited my purposes. I went with Nvidia since I needed a card to take advantage of my monitor's 3D Vision, but for those of you deciding, you get more for ur money with Radeon.
Not true.

Since the 5 Series the Nvidia cards have been blowing 85% AMD Radeon cards out of the water. Check benchmarks on sites if you are unsure.
Bang for your buck goes to Nvidia this round. However, heard Radeon is prepping hard for 2014 (as they won't release a new super card this year). It shall be an interesting battle the GTX 7 series and whatever Radeon has in store.

All I have been doing lately is checked up on GPU news rofl... need an upgrade badly, and my trigger finger wants that GTX 7 series so much!