(wL) Forums

Full Version: [Suggestion] Cleaning up the servers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
98% of the people who play on these servers have owned the game for years now and there's recently been a mad rush of these stupid noSteam guys coming in with nothing more than numbered names, who are more than likely using hacked versions of the game.

Frankly, cleansing the servers by banning them should be something of a priority... imho.
I think it is because War-Lords is one of the few servers that allow them to play.
J33f, post: 92809, member: 17021 Wrote:Frankly, cleansing the servers by banning them should be something of a priority... imho.
Are they causing problems (hacking/trolling)? If so, report them to an in-game admin.

You can contact admins through "u@Hey admins, <player's name> is a cheater/mic spammer. Please come and ban him!"
M. Bison, post: 92836, member: 359 Wrote:Are they causing problems (hacking/trolling)? If so, report them to an in-game admin.

You can contact admins through "u@Hey admins, <player's name> is a cheater/mic spammer. Please come and ban him!"
This doesn't look to be his problem, I think he just dislikes non steam users Sad
I love this idea. can we tack on some other ideas to this aswell?

For example, ban gays, homos and ruplayer.

Learn your synonyms kids! then you will get my joke!

but srsly, worst idea 2013.
cyber eugenic alert.
pTK, post: 92849, member: 2725 Wrote:I love this idea. can we tack on some other ideas to this aswell?

For example, ban gays, homos and ruplayer.

Learn your synonyms kids! then you will get my joke!

but srsly, worst idea 2013.
Aren't gays and homos the same thing?
Lol, if you can legitimately explain to me why this is the worst idea ever, I'll drop it.

However, when some anonymous, under-aged kid from Uzbekistan decides to pirate the game and come on and mic spam when admins aren't around or not follow through with the objective, then it becomes a bit of a hassle for the server of 40 to wait around for 10 people to find some newb wandering entirely in the wrong area. Hm?

A bit tiresome after a dozen+ rounds.
J33f, post: 92864, member: 17021 Wrote:Lol, if you can legitimately explain to me why this is the worst idea ever, I'll drop it.

However, when some anonymous, under-aged kid from Uzbekistan decides to pirate the game and come on and mic spam when admins aren't around or not follow through with the objective, then it becomes a bit of a hassle for the server of 40 to wait around for 10 people to find some newb wandering entirely in the wrong area. Hm?

A bit tiresome after a dozen+ rounds.

there's the /ignore function if someone is micspamming/trolling you.

as for the wandering noob, this issue is not exclusive to non-steam players. I understand most of them are new to the game. In the future, type "@need admins in "so and so" server to slay some players who are wasting time".

Removing all non-steam players is too extreme for the issues that you brought up. Because not all non-steam players play that way.
Hm, makes a little sense.

And what of the pirated copies though? They seem to be more trouble than than any other players and taking up slots for people who have actually paid for the game.

Ooo, by the way, does wL have paid reserve slots?
Pages: 1 2 3