(wL) Forums

Full Version: Hiding in props
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello everybody! I have signed up on the forums today to present you a few clips of somebody hiding in props on the zombiemod server.
His name is power (currently rank 2 on the leaderboards)
I believe his steamid is STEAM_0:0:482156850

Video 1
[video=youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=SrujEFqvtIs[/video]
In this video, the player (known as power) is hiding in a vending machine
(note: nothing happens the first 15 seconds because my crappy computer was loading the demo during that time)

Video 2
[video=youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=XBOlsXB9bzs[/video]
In this video, the same player is shooting the vending machine in a certain way so he can't be taken out of it, making it almost impossible to infect him.
I did see the rule of this in the admin guide of the ZR rules. Thanks for the report and I will keep my eye on him. I don't really think we could ban him for this without warning him because it's not in the MOTD where players can see it.
Players been doing this for many years , the rule of not hiding in props been brought up only few weeks ago and i dont really think this is a problem.
RJU, post: 105797, member: 17557 Wrote:I'm not really sure what to do about this, so I will ask Bison if this is breaking the rules or not and get back to you as soon as he replies.
i was told, anything that stops the player from being knifed, is against the rules.[hiding in props, zombies standing on the human to stop them from being knifed, etc]

EDIT: Also in the rule book:
Hiding - Humans can't Hide inside props like vending machines, it is imposible for zombies to stab player
like i said that rule only came up around a few weeks ago. ever since that rule came out few people started to complain. Before no one really complained about hiding in props. Now,like u said i was told, anything that stops the player from being knifed, is against the rules.[hiding in props, zombies standing on the human to stop them from being knifed, etc] <----- that includes cades. Cades prevents zombies from knifing u , most of the time its impossible to kill the human inside that cade.
Monkey <------ Impossible Cade MAKER true story.
|Psy|Style, post: 105861, member: 16650 Wrote:like i said that rule only came up around a few weeks ago. ever since that rule came out few people started to complain. Before no one really complained about hiding in props. Now,like u said i was told, anything that stops the player from being knifed, is against the rules.[hiding in props, zombies standing on the human to stop them from being knifed, etc] <----- that includes cades. Cades prevents zombies from knifing u , most of the time its impossible to kill the human inside that cade.
Monkey <------ Impossible Cade MAKER true story.
"Etc" is on that, for THAT rule, not "anything to stop them from being knifed". Please try to not misconstrued my words, thank you.
All im saying is that when u brought up that rule about not hiding in props <---- thats when players started to complain , i think you guys should take off that rule.
That is an exploit, which is against the rules and clearly defined. It is the same on any style play when you jump into a glitched item to appear invisible.
I played wL zombie server for 1 and half year i'v done it prob 3-4 times and they were no such no rule as no hiding in props. Now as u can see in that video it looks as if zombies cant knife him from the outside of the vending machine, there are many ways to knock it over - standing on top of it and pressing E should knock it over or u can knock it over from the other side of the wall and by pressing E. Clearly you don't play on the server enough to know all this sheeeez.
|Psy|Style, post: 105867, member: 16650 Wrote:I played wL zombie server for 1 and half year i'v done it prob 3-4 times and they were no such no rule as no hiding in props. Now as u can see in that video it looks as if zombies cant knife him from the outside of the vending machine, there are many ways to knock it over - standing on top of it and pressing E should knock it over or u can knock it over from the other side of the wall and by pressing E. Clearly you don't play on the server enough to know all this sheeeez.
We Do Not Need To Play The Server For A Very Long Time To Tell You That, Hiding In Vending Machines Is Against The Rules. And Not All Vending Machines You Can Get On Top Of, For Example, Not All Vending Machines Are The Same Either, Take ZM_Zero For Example, There Custom, Can Barely Tip Those Over As It Is As A Human. Nuff Said
Pages: 1 2