(wL) Forums

Full Version: H0ok3r™ - Admin Application
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
NAME: [COLOR=rgb(0, 179, 89)][[SoySauce]][/COLOR] H0ok3r w A P3n1s [dubstep]™
*([[SoySauce]] is not actually a clan, I made the group because I wanted to use the tag, lol.)*

[FONT=Times New Roman]STEAM ID:[/FONT] STEAM_0:1:7719166

TIMEZONE: [SIZE=4]Pacific ([SIZE=4]PST[SIZE=4]) [FONT=Courier New][UTC/GMT -8][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT]

AVAILABILITY:
[COLOR=rgb(153, 255, 153)]I am available most days, usually between late afternoon and early morning (~5pm - 8am).

I[SIZE=3] am also around at other hours,[SIZE=3] depending on my schedule
(work[SIZE=3]).[/SIZE].. [SIZE=3][SIZE=3]basically, I'm available most days, and often at odd hour[SIZE=3]s[SIZE=3] of the night[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR=rgb(153, 255, 153)]. [/COLOR]

TELL US SOMETHING ABOUT YOURSELF:
I just played through [SIZE=3]a[SIZE=3] world in the browser-b[SIZE=3]ased[/SIZE][/SIZE] MMO game Grepolis, and led my alliance ([SIZE=3]including 3 sub-alliances[/SIZE]; 120+ people) to victory [SIZE=3][I go by[SIZE=3] [COLOR=rgb(0, 179, 89)]Divided.Eye in Grepolis].[/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR]
[SIZE=3][/SIZE]
[COLOR=rgb(153, 255, 153)][SIZE=3]If you're not familiar with the game[SIZE=3], it's [SIZE=3][SIZE=3]a [SIZE=3]time-based strategy game[SIZE=3] [SIZE=3]that runs 24/7, [SIZE=3]and includes players from all over the world[/SIZE][/SIZE]. [SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3]It took us over a year of dedication and [SIZE=3]hard work to secure the victory--I spent many, many [SIZE=3]hours of my spare time[SIZE=3] on this game... most of it doing administrative stuff (diplomacy[SIZE=3], [SIZE=3]modding the forums, [SIZE=3]wr[SIZE=3]iting announcements, strategizing/planning, reviewing stats, etc[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][/SIZE]
[COLOR=rgb(153, 255, 153)]). [/COLOR]

[FONT=Courier New]*I'm not sure how to show proof; I could take screenshots of the Membership/Rights page, send you a copy of [SIZE=2]the victory certificate, show you all the forum work I did, etc...[/SIZE][/FONT]
[SIZE=3]In addition to Grepolis, I have leadership exper[SIZE=3]ience from being [/SIZE]in clans and comp team[SIZE=3]s in CS:S[SIZE=3]. [SIZE=3][SIZE=3]From[COLOR=rgb(0, 179, 89)][SIZE=3] [COLOR=rgb(153, 255, 153)]all[/COLOR] that [/SIZE][/SIZE]I have[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR] a number of years of experience [SIZE=3]being an admin (though I can't say I remember the rcon commands anymore, lol), and even more time modding forums. It may sound weird but I really enjoy cleaning and organizing forums... haha. Anyway these days I play almost exclusively on the D2 DM server, though I do hop on some of the others occasionally.[/SIZE]
*edit: I have been playing on the Snipers server a lot lately as well.

*I was a forum mod/admin in Not A Clan (clan), Mature Gaming (clan/light comp team), and Zero Point Gaming[SIZE=2] (strictly a comp [SIZE=2]team). [SIZE=2]All [SIZE=2]of these clans/teams have since died, so I am not s[SIZE=2]ure how to go about provi[SIZE=2]ding proof for these experiences. Maybe I could track down some TWL or CAL stats pages or something[SIZE=2].[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]*edit: I found a little proof by looking up my ID on Legit-Proof[SIZE=2][SIZE=2] (not much, but[SIZE=2] it's something at least[SIZE=2])[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[INDENT][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]0:1:7719[SIZE=2]166 | "Red_Pen" | Not A Clan | CAL Ope[SIZE=2]n[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]2006-02-28[B] --> 2006-05-08[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/B][/SIZE][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
0:1:7719166 | "Red_Pen" [COLOR=rgb(191, 191, 191)]|[/COLOR] Zero Point Gaming | CAL Open
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]2006-09-18 --> 2007-01-01[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]

REASON FOR ADMIN APPLICATION:
[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][FONT=Verdana]My main reasons for applying for admin pr[SIZE=3]ivileges are[SIZE=3]:[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT]

[INDENT][FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][FONT=Verdana][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3]- to [/SIZE]restart the server([SIZE=3]s)[/SIZE] when[FONT=Courier New][SIZE=3][FONT=Verdana] [SIZE=3]ne[SIZE=3]eded[SIZE=3][SIZE=3] (for example when health packs start disappearin[SIZE=3]g[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT][/SIZE][/FONT])
[SIZE=3][SIZE=3]- to deal with mic-spammers/trolls[/SIZE][/SIZE][/INDENT]

When the health packs break on the DM server[SIZE=3](s), players tend to spend less time on the server[SIZE=3] ([SIZE=3]note: I've spent a significant amount of time on the d2 DM server, which is how I know this happens[SIZE=3]).[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE] Sometimes this happens late at night when the [SIZE=3]server populations drop anyway, [SIZE=3]which makes it even worse.
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3][SIZE=3]As for the spamming and whatnot, I know there is the !ignore command, which is awesome..[SIZE=3]. [SIZE=3]b[SIZE=3]ut in my opinion players shouldn't have to [SIZE=3]be inconvenienced every time someone [SIZE=3]is being obnoxious on their mic; ideally an admin would be there to [SIZE=3]warn/m[SIZE=3]ute the player.

[SIZE=3]I [SIZE=3]would basically like to [SIZE=3]help make sure that the gaming environment remains friendly and [SIZE=3]welcoming to all players[SIZE=3] when I am online.
[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
Since I am online often [SIZE=3]and have a [SIZE=3]fair amount of experience being an admin, [/SIZE]I think I would be a good addition to the WL team. Thanks for your consideration.

[FONT=Georgia]ADDITIONAL NOTES:
[/FONT][/SIZE]

- I do not have TF and don't plan on playing it; CS:S is my focus.
- I have never reported a hacker from your servers, because frankly I don't think I've ever seen one. I've played CS:S for a long time, and have played against some really good players/teams; I have seen multiple kinds of hacks, and can tell the difference between a hacker and someone who is just really good at the game. [SIZE=2]I do[SIZE=2] call
"hax" in-game sometimes[SIZE=2], but only jokingly.[/SIZE][/SIZE]
- I haven't been so active on the forums, only posted a few times... but I would be more than happy to help keep them clean/effective if my application is accepted.
- I've logged a[SIZE=2] little over 30 days on the DM server (minus a few for when I'm in spec/afk).[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[COLOR=rgb(153, 255, 153)][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]- I [SIZE=2]removed the "[/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=2][SIZE=2][SIZE=2]w A P3n1s"[SIZE=2] [SIZE=2]part from my name at the request of an admin[SIZE=2] (Ashley).[/SIZE][/SIZE] edit: I've added that part back to my name. I see other users with semi-vulgar [SIZE=2]names[SIZE=2], and it seems to be accept[SIZE=2]able. Penis isnt too bad, right? Hahaha. Anyway, just shoot me a PM o[SIZE=2]n here or on steam if you[SIZE=2]'d like me to remove it again[SIZE=2]![/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE][/SIZE]
What's up pe..... eerrrr HOOKER! Good luck man. hope you get it!
Thanks man, me too! Even if not, it's all good. I've been trying to be more active on the forums and playing on Snipers more lately to try to get to know people better. Someone from wL told me earlier this evening that they support my bid, though; it's good to know there are other people who do, too!
G'luck matey. You surely deserve to be an admin. You've got ample experience to handle stuff.
all the best again!! Smile
Thanks for the support dude! I believe I do as well, haha... either way though, the d2 DM definitely needs some more admin presence (even if it's not me). I think I've only ever seen one admin on that server (Ashley), and only a handful of times. I originally submitted my app just before the servers started getting attacked (pretty sure it was just before), though, so I have a hunch that recruiting new admins has been put on the backburner for a bit. Still crossing my fingers Wink
IN-EVALUATION

Your application is being processed
Riser, post: 109846, member: 992 Wrote:IN-EVALUATION

Your application is being processed
Thank you! I was going to ask for re-evaluation in my server suggestions post (which I've almost finished)... I submitted this app shortly before the attacks back in Jan/Feb, so I figured it had been overlooked.
ACCEPTED

Add me on steam
http://steamcommunity.com/riser-