(wL) Forums

Full Version: ChatBox Glitch in wL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
alright i haven't seen anybody make a thread about this yet so i will do it.

Whenever i type something in-game either through say "all" or say "team" (Y and U), there will come a time sometimes almost instantly but most likely inside 5 minutes after you connect to a server and you're typing and chatting with other players after you press Y or U your chatbox will remain visible but you cannot type anything in the chatbox and you also cannot move your mouse or crosshair or anything but you can move with the keyboard. You also cannot leave the game because you cannot press escape. i cannot press escape but i dont know about other players but i've also heard from them that they also cannot leave the game either by escape or other means. What i have been doing is i go to the desktop by pressing ALT+TAB and run the task manager and end the process of HL and then just re-run CSS via steam. and then that happens again in a cycle. thats why i dont try to type anything anymore so when i speak i just speak via the mic. Although i have to type things that i cannot avoid for example !revote or nominate and that will happen so i have to do the whole process again.

I'm not the only player who has experienced this throughout warlords servers. Wz, I think Jackie as well has experienced this. and other players in various servers such as Snipers, D2 DM (US), Office DM (US) and Crackhouse DM(US) as those are the only wL servers i go to. It only happens in wL servers because when i go to "other" community servers, that glitch doesn't happen.
here is a link as per Riser's request but idk if you can tell the difference between a "normal" chatbox and the "glitched" one but if you look closely the chatbox is open but the regular mouse cursor is not visible as it usually is when youre typing in the chatbox.
http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/5475...107C1B3C0/
personally for me it doesn't happen, but many are reporting
maybe this is related to the ads system that was there previously,

The root admins will check the matter and answer , thanks for reporting
Yeah this has happened to me over the last 3 days. I assumed someone on the server was hacking at the time as it has happened on other servers from time to time over my many years of playing. Always thought it was a hack of some sort.
It has been happening to me aswell.
(Nov 17 2014, 04:26 AM)Curlzzz Wrote: [ -> ]It has been happening to me aswell.

in which server?
It is happening on the Office server as well now.
This still hasn't been resolved.
This error is happening to me aswell. Not just in wL servers, but in the russian servers too. It's kinda of an hour inside CSS game, and not related to the server. This happens to me since 2 years, and i always quit the game by ending it's process using ALT CTRL DEL.
It only happens to me in WL servers and will inhibit my admin abilities.

I.E. I will be playing and see a player doing something wrong and try to warn them in admin chat, chat box glitches and I am not longer able to warn them as I have to restart the whole CSS client.
(Nov 29 2014, 07:09 PM)Hamaerox Wrote: [ -> ]It only happens to me in WL servers and will inhibit my admin abilities.

I.E. I will be playing and see a player doing something wrong and try to warn them in admin chat, chat box glitches and I am not longer able to warn them as I have to restart the whole CSS client.

Oh well, if it happens only in wL then maybe i get the same error but with a different type. I'm confused..
Pages: 1 2