(wL) Forums

Full Version: Spacebar Spamming
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
*DEAD* EpicLoiD : :O
*DEAD* EpicLoiD : what does that do
ι η ѕ α η є : i use something called xmouse button for space spamming
ι η ѕ α η є : it's for bhop
ι η ѕ α η є : it spams the space key
*DEAD* EpicLoiD : why is it good for the glass
*DEAD* 0:84715027 : SO you jump go left and right spamming the jump button
ι η ѕ α η є : yep

Is this allowed?
Yes, there is no scripting involved in it and is a part of the game.

EDIT: I misunderstood the situation, that program is not allowed. Use of a third party scripts is NOT allowed on the WL servers.
(Jan 06 2015, 08:06 AM)Hamaerox Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, there is no scripting involved in it and is a part of the game.

Wait so am I allowed to make an autohotkey script that spams the spacebar?
(Jan 06 2015, 08:29 AM)Donut Wrote: [ -> ]
(Jan 06 2015, 08:06 AM)Hamaerox Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, there is no scripting involved in it and is a part of the game.

Wait so am I allowed to make an autohotkey script that spams the spacebar?

It'll more than likely kick you for command spamming. There's a guy in pugs that shoots with his space bar and he gets kicked almost every game for command spamming with it.
Apparently you can avoid getting kicked by putting delays in the script. Not gonna use it though because I bhop better with a mouse wheel.
(Jan 06 2015, 06:53 AM)Donut Wrote: [ -> ]Is this allowed?
I'd say no since it's external software, but it's of lesser offense since it's not intelligently spamming buttons and it isn't particularly effective. If it becomes a problem I would setup something server-side to discourage its use.
^ God hast cast judgement
BAD Bison
There's no need to read this. It's just me ranting

This does sometimes bother me when i see new player jumping continuously for minutes not knowing how to strafe properly (obviously spamming the jump key) while others like the guy in the chat I copy/pasted, are telling new players that this is the right way to bunnyhop. Then I see that player return  hours later jumping everywhere furiously moving his mouse while holding the w key and barely moving forward. Of course, that new player won't try to learn to use the mouse wheel. The script seems infinitely better now considering the fact that when he uses a mouse wheel he can neither move forward or jump properly. Then the player who admitted to not being able to bhop legit is accusing me of cheating.
it's also known as autohotkey. i saw many admins banning players for using that script on normal servers.