(wL) Forums

Full Version: Overclock cooling solutions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am going to be overclocking my AMD processor to about 4.0Ghz this weekend. I was going to the conventional fan move, but have been intrigued by the water-cooling systems for a while now.

does anybody here have a water cooled cpu setup? and how do you like it? difficulty of installation?

Thanks in advance.
I'd never overclock, that is all.
i over clocked my i7 to 7ghz with a liquid nitrogen cooling system.
liquid nitrogen? what brand are you currently using? and what kind of maintenance does that require if any?
7ghz is basically enthusiast's OC. I'd never do it for the sake of "I WANT A FUCKING FASTER PC"

You can use an AIO Liquid Cooler or just a Water Cooling kit
(Mar 11 2017, 03:56 PM)_nme Wrote: [ -> ]liquid nitrogen? what brand are you currently using? and what kind of maintenance does that require if any?

I designed that system myself and gave the blueprint to the factory asked them to produce for me.
damn...how much would you charge for that?
I figured those ln2 systems were just for record benches? Seems like it would be silly to have to sit there and continue to pour in more ln2 if you want to use your computer. Used to run a vapoli back in the day with p4 and beginning of the 775 era. Running watercooling now, and its kinda pointless imo, except for the chipset/mosfet/ram I do like for longevity of board. But all these extreme cooling really are just kinda a waste of time as a fan is enough.
i have one high end gaming computer, that's decked out from cpu to gpu to monitor

the computer in question is my budget build i play source on. i max the game out and everything. but playing on my other computer and coming back to this one always leaves me feeling like it's not running smooth enough. i notice slight delays, and to someone like me, it's annoying.

I was going to overclock my amd to 4.0ghz, but don't want to fry it in the process.
Even a budget build should be able to play a 12 year old game pretty perfectly, maybe the difference of amd gpu vs intel? Monitors are both 120hz and similar specs?

Probably a silly question, but why not just play on the decked out rig full time? Seems silly to me to have some nice ass gaming rig, but choose to use the shittier one?
Pages: 1 2