(wL) Forums

Full Version: Asia CSS tournamnent
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All,

Recently WL had organized few amazing tournaments.Not been able to participate in any of them due to high latency.

IS it possible to organize one in Asian servers as well.

I am willing to donate 100 $ for the prize pool just to make it more interesting.

My personal preference the format of recently concluded Draft tournament.
I don't mind hosting one, but we'll need to gauge interest in the SEA community. Not worth doing it unless we can get at least 4-8 teams (20+ players with a nice mix of try hards). We'll also need to find a good date and time to maximize availability of players.

Also, we're planning to do draft tournaments a little different in the future. We'll have everyone meet up on TeamSpeak at a certain date and time, and then pick teams and play immediately. If people don't show up, they don't play. This will ensure all the matches take place on the same day and within 4 hours of teams being picked.
(Apr 17 2017, 03:18 AM)M. Bison Wrote: [ -> ]I don't mind hosting one, but we'll need to gauge interest in the SEA community. Not worth doing it unless we can get at least 4-8 teams (20+ players with a nice mix of try hards). We'll also need to find a good date and time to maximize availability of players.

Also, we're planning to do draft tournaments a little different in the future. We'll have everyone meet up on TeamSpeak at a certain date and time, and then pick teams and play immediately. If people don't show up, they don't play. This will ensure all the matches take place on the same day and within 4 hours of teams being picked.
I am sure we can get at least 30 players .

This idea  sounds better for a draft pick

Can we do some sort of flash message about the tournament when ppl join in to the servers.You can post the prize money as well.
I will donate the money once tournament  is confirmed .

We can get a headcount that way.
i'm going to play, and you will feel my wrath at 200ping, and then tell me the same thing i tell asian players when they play on U.S. servers.
(Apr 17 2017, 06:29 PM)_nme Wrote: [ -> ]i'm going to play, and you will feel my wrath at 200ping, and then tell me the same thing i tell asian players when they play on U.S. servers.

mainly speaking of Shan here xD
Shan and Mayong.
you guys should also create a group for the event, way easier to spam every1 with 1
(Apr 17 2017, 11:43 PM)Ben- Wrote: [ -> ]you guys should also create a group for the event, way easier to spam every1 with 1

Yea that’s right but this whole idea of tournament is only possible if some of the asian admins get active.
Nothing yet tho
The private servers are made to minimize admin interventions, so they aren't needed (there is always exceptions), just pm Bison to put the servers online when needed.

Just in case, be sure to have 1 admin online who are used to the private servers (looking at you bison ;P).

The rest is mainly getting players to be interested, making threads that are clear enough for every1 and making a steam group for that particular event, all of which doesn't need any admin interventions !

Try finding yourself a few asia players to help organize it, or ask Riser, or an Asia admin. Add me on steam, or pm on the wl website if you got any questions or need any help organizing it (mainly for the threads).

Also, the (wL) TeamSpeak is available for the tournament : tsasia.war-lords.net
(Apr 19 2017, 07:27 PM)Ben- Wrote: [ -> ]The private servers are made to minimize admin interventions, so they aren't needed (there is always exceptions), just pm Bison to put the servers online when needed.

Just in case, be sure to have 1 admin online who are used to the private servers (looking at you bison ;P).

The rest is mainly getting players to be interested, making threads that are clear enough for every1 and making a steam group for that particular event, all of which doesn't need any admin interventions !

Try finding yourself a few asia players to help organize it, or ask Riser, or an Asia admin. Add me on steam, or pm on the wl website if you got any questions or need any help organizing it (mainly for the threads).

Also, the (wL) TeamSpeak is available for the tournament : tsasia.war-lords.net
Hi Ben,
Thanks for the info.
I will talk to riser and some admins regarding this.
Will Pm you regarding the tournament formats and  threads.
Pages: 1 2