(wL) Forums

Full Version: Suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I know ya'll just got this up but some suggestions:

All-talk for a team. There's a certain setting that allows for a team to talk to each other when dead. This isn't CS so there's no real ghosting, it simply allows for a lot more teamwork.

Ping kicker: I'm on the TF2 server right now and out of 30 players, there are about 8 that have a ping under 200... It's pretty terrible, and nearly impossible to kill.

Scramble vote. Sometimes a team will steamroll another team, need a scramble, maybe 75% of the vote, but not so a losing team will scramble because they lost.
i like that scramble idea sounds really cool i dont think they will add a kicker beacause the fact it kills the popularity
TF2 isn't like other Source games. When you have a player pinging 600 ping, it's not like CS:S when they stutter, they actually teleport. In fact, anything above 200 ping is pretty hard to kill unless you randomly flail. The server's also stuttering as a whole...

Votescramble is already written, just need to put it into SM.

I ran multiple servers, played in leagues and had a game admin on FPSB servers, which is pretty large so I'm not pulling these suggestions out of my ass just FYI.
o shit i can see that as a problem lol they might add it who noes but ya for got to mention that mic thing would be cool as well team work is nessary in fps
Hi joker8baller,

Thanks for your suggestions.

Scramble I will look at implementing this weekend.

The all talk I'll put it to a vote and see what people think of it.

However the pingkick will probably not happen. I've been monitoring the users these past couple of days and its all Americans during normal time (7ish to around midnight) then the overseas people hop on which results in having a full server during the night while all the Americans are sleeping. It also might be a load issue with having a 32 slot server which I'll be monitoring as well.

Keep the suggestions coming as this is our first TF2 server ever and we're still getting our heads around it.

Thanks,
Matt.
Probably a load issue, played a bit today and the server def. seemed a bit jumpy at times.

If you're looking to open more servers, lmk. We ran 2 mains that were nearly always full during the FPSB days...
was talking to matt and he was busy on working getting more tf2 servers up so expect more servers in the future is wat im guessing
PaSS Wrote:was talking to matt and he was busy on working getting more tf2 servers up so expect more servers in the future is wat im guessing
24/7 2Fort, Instant Respawn
24/7 Goldrush/Badwater
Popular Maps, Instant Respawn
Get an arena, and have it set to scramble when one team gets to 3 wins.
Arena is so much better then the rest of the modes.
I've made #2 into instant respawn.