(wL) Forums

Full Version: freezetime
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
buying fast is a skill, and to take that away from ppl is just lame

i agree with rabbit.
If you ever played CEVO, CAL, ESEA, or any other league, the freeze time is 10 seconds~
We know that our servers aren't scrim servers, but 1 second buy time is pointless.
1. It is unfair to the losing team, especially on maps that can easily be rushed.
2. You can't expect everyone to buy in 1 second.

I was the one who advised David to set freezetime to 3-4 seconds to balance gameplay.
A lot of servers out there have a freezetime between 3-5 seconds.
Like I said, it's more fair and more friendly to people who buy slower.
Personally, I can buy within 0.5-2 seconds, but I'd prefer it if it were fair for other people.
I don't mind not being able to rush 3 seconds faster. It's supposed to be fair that both teams have equal time to get out of their spawns.

Anonymous

joker8baller Wrote:RU: That's counting on the fact, that all the CT's are slow at buying as well. Without the freezetime, a lot of other CT players would have already rushed in and put bullets in you as well. That's why Viper was confused.

Again without freezetime 2-3 fast cts, still can get through. With it - whole team...
Finding an entire team to rush from outside to the side entrance to the garage is quite rare. Even still, like the T spawn, it is totally reliant on where you are spawned. Only the first few CT's from the start will be able to get there, as a T, only those that spawn before the door will be able to get there in time.

Anonymous

lol I don't know if it's just me, but when I play for ct on nuke, it makes me wanna laugh when I see quick T trying to jump in to that vent and you shooting at him like in the shooting range.
I totally agree with ruplayer.

But I'm probably too late, it seems like freezetime has already been reduced back to 1 sec or so - great Big Grin
Pages: 1 2