(wL) Forums

Full Version: Swearing Filter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Okay I understand that you don't want profanity on your site any more, that's cool. But please change the filter to something that's not so lame.

For example, saying "fÜck" turns into "fuck"....because that's not just as offensive, right?

Just change it to "f***" or just "@#!$", there is no real need for it to be replaced with stuff that just isn't really necessary.

Thanks.
The problem with doing F**K as a filter is people will still get the word they are trying to put out there, through. The point is to detour people from using such words, and for people to expand their vocabulary...

For example, you cannot say the word s*l*u*t*  but you may call someone a evil concubine...
I'm English, I don't need to expand my vocabulary. I think you'll find that I am perfectly articulate as it is.

But seriously, just change it to symbols instead of letters then, like $#@$, because I hate the fact that it makes you say "i r rapist". I mean for one, that's not even a proper sentence. Secondly, rape isn't funny.

It just seems like something that's completely unnecessary. Trying to force people on an internet forum to find other ways of insulting people? That's just dumb.
Well, if you don't like the filter, technicly its doing its job... LOL

I will say this... some words, should not be filtered as they can mean many different things...

But... these types of words?
F**K, N****R, F*G
Should remain silenced.
But "f*g" over here is a slang term for "cigarette", it's "f****t" that is the offensive one here. I don't agree that "fuck" should be censored, but that's a personal opinion.

So you agree that words should be blocked out, and I agree with that as well (mainly because it's not my forum, but whatever). I am just debating the form that they are filtered in. I think it's straight up dumb to filter them to sentences which make you seem like a complete ****, especially since you missed out "cunt" but managed to get in "idiot" and "moron" (seriously, filtering those words? wow), probably one of the most offensive words these days.

Seriously, please can it just be changed to symbols? Or at least remove the ... from the beginning and end of the sentence, it makes everything look really messy and it's more unnecessary than the filter itself.

Edit : Also you filtered "retarded" to "retarded"? Wow....
retarded LOL
It's really not funny though.
you should have a choise in the Profile for if you want swearing on the site or not.
I think you're missing the point... The filter is in place, to make people who believe they are cool, and can insult people with harsh words... and make them feel dumb, and ignorant like they are.
But then in turn, the people who put the filter in place are also dumb and ignorant for making up sentences like retard and fuck.

Well fair game, if you're not going to edit it so that it just turns to characters, then I guess ich kann Deutsch schworen. Because surely I can't be dumb or ignorant if I can speak another language, right? Gut sheiße, Kaninschen.

I don't really get the need to make people feel dumb or ignorant for using profanity though. I mean surely the term is defined by the use of those words? I mean, if you're constantly swearing so much that you need to be filtered, then by definition, you're dumb and ignorant? I feel like you're just going the extra mile for the sake of it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4