(wL) Forums

Full Version: Dust 2 24/7 (Server 10) Query.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I was just wondering if there was a mod or something that you could put on to stop campers? A lot of the time the person on T side that gets the awp will just camp in T spawn. I have seen sometimes that an admin will give a warning like "All Ts should be out of T spawn by 2:00" and then when they are there after 2:00 (so 1 minute) they are set on fire. Is there a mod that can just do this without the admin having to be there?

I mean it's just players that are constantly camping there, round after round. Loads of the planetcss.com guys do it, as do css.setti.info dudes. CENTRAL is terrible for it, as is Parik. I just think it ruins the flow of the game if there are people camping T spawn. I mean, it's a bomb map, they should be rushing and CTs should be defending.

Inb4 "you are just annoyed because they keep killing you". I don't mind being killed by campers, it just kinda ruins the game a little for everyone.

Any thoughts or suggestions, post below Smile

Anonymous

Couple of years ago I saw pretty cool plugin on one server, if player is sitting on at one spot more then like 7 sec he gets slapped with 5 damage, or you can set him on beacon for 5 sec after each 7 sec of camping....  I don't remember was it css or 1.6
Camping is part of the game... to limit the ability for people to camp T spawn for at least the first minute, spells disaster when the CT team pushes them from behind... People IMO should only be disciplined during the last 30 seconds of the map. If they are obviously refusing to do the objective like plant the bomb, then that’s a problem... But to make it show people cannot snipe from T spawn, is going to make the CT stacked at all times.

I personally feel the best way to solve this to slay every single person at the end of the round, at which they lose... That way, it will provide incentive, for those to actually play the game the way it was meant too. You'll also find the game turns more teamwork friendly when that is done to a server.
I think I said it wrong, let me clear it up.

They are set on fire if they are still in T spawn after the first minute. So the round lengths are 3:00 (counting down to zero), so when it gets to 2:00, anyone left in T spawn is set on fire until they leave.

So they can still camp the spawn for the first minute, but anything after that is completely unnecessary. The first minute, the awper can pick off any coming up mid/cat, which is fine. But after that, they are just there for the lamer kills really.

I just think it's a bit lame. On the rare occasion that I choose to use the awp, I move with one part of the team, because it's an extremely good weapon for support. It's like a slower version of the scout/deagle combo that I usually use. When the awper is just camping spawn after a minute has passed, they have completely missed the entire team actually doing something.

I dunno, I only really brought up the flame thing because it happened a few times when I have been playing, and then I thought "Man, that works really well and gets the game flowing better, why isn't that a permanent feature?".
I understand what you are saying... but I'm telling you, if all Terrorists are out of their spawn at 2:00 Minute mark and they all went one direction, then the CT's would flank them very easily... Honestly camping Terrorist wouldn’t be an issue if CT's did their job, and just protected the bomb site. There is no reason to make the server friendlier to rushing CT's as that is not what the game was designed for at all.

I assure you, if we slay everyone that loses the round, you won’t have a problem with people camping the entire round. Example: if the guy is on T, and the terrorists plant the bomb, but he fails to protect it, and it gets defused, the CT’s will win, and live, but the terrorists will all get slayed the moment its defused.

Anonymous

how about to set 7 sec slap or beacon rule on deathmatch servers?
That's "if" they all went the same direction. The map is designed in a way so that each team can go one of three ways : Bombsite A, B , or up/down mid to the opposite teams spawn. I haven't seen all T's rush the same way, unless its very small teams, and even then people seem to split up.

The reason that CTs end up rushing is because of campers. If CTs defend both bomb sites and there are still a bunch of Ts camping it up in the spawn, then the CTs just have to wait around for the Ts to move, or just win the round by default.

I think prompting them to move with a fiery nudge is a much better way of conditioning people into not camping, rather than waiting until the end of the round to slay them. I mean, surely if they lose the round, then that's punishment enough, rather than slaying them and making them lose weapons.

If they are only slayed because they were camping and as a result of that, lost the round, then that sounds fairer. I'd rather have the gameplay flowing better though. I mean I would just be like "oh well, I got slayed, so what" and just not really think about it.

Fire makes people think. You should set them on fire and watch them burn. Watch their skin bubble underneath their uniforms, as all their oxygen is sucked out of their lungs from the engulfing flames. They writhe and scream in agony, begging for mercy. Death would be a quick release, but no, they deserve to burn.

They.All.Deserve.To.Burn.

Anonymous

To be honest, I don't read big posts lol, but I like "They.All.Deserve.To.Burn." part.  Wink
ruplayer Wrote:To be honest, I don't read big posts lol, but I like "They.All.Deserve.To.Burn." part.  Wink

Then you'll love the last paragraph then Big Grin
I, The Rival Wrote:That's "if" they all went the same direction. The map is designed in a way so that each team can go one of three ways : Bombsite A, B , or up/down mid to the opposite teams spawn. I haven't seen all T's rush the same way, unless its very small teams, and even then people seem to split up.
Still, there’s going to be a direction where the majority will go, and that will leave them open from behind..

I, The Rival Wrote:The reason that CTs end up rushing is because of campers. If CTs defend both bomb sites and there are still a bunch of Ts camping it up in the spawn, then the CTs just have to wait around for the Ts to move, or just win the round by default.
CT's job is to have a little patience and guard the bomb... period. Again, my solution will fix the problem of terrorist not trying to plant the bomb at all.

I, The Rival Wrote:I think prompting them to move with a fiery nudge is a much better way of conditioning people into not camping, rather than waiting until the end of the round to slay them. I mean, surely if they lose the round, then that's punishment enough, rather than slaying them and making them lose weapons.
Uhh no, your altering the game from the way it was designed purposely. If the terrorists want to camp till 30 seconds are left in the round, then they can. It’s part of the game.
I, The Rival Wrote:If they are only slayed because they were camping and as a result of that, lost the round, then that sounds fairer. I'd rather have the gameplay flowing better though. I mean I would just be like "oh well, I got slayed, so what" and just not really think about it.
Actually, I believe most people who camp the entire round, are worried about losing their gun / kit more than anything. If they continue to get slayed, they will find that the 1-2 kills they get while camping, is sometimes not enough to justify the death on their record due to the slay.

I, The Rival Wrote:Fire makes people think. You should set them on fire and watch them burn. Watch their skin bubble underneath their uniforms, as all their oxygen is sucked out of their lungs from the engulfing flames. They writhe and scream in agony, begging for mercy. Death would be a quick release, but no, they deserve to burn.
They.All.Deserve.To.Burn.

Regardless of what you feel they may or may not deserve, I can assure you someone who is in spawn on dust_2 at 2 minutes left in the match, does not deserve that.
What happens when a CT wants to guard middle from their spawn? Are you going to burn them  as well for doing their job?
Pages: 1 2