(wL) Forums

Full Version: 2nd ban protest
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Banned again for apparently nothing?  I was shooting through mid doors at CTs and then got the banhammer.

"<3 JUSTIN BIEBER <3" STEAM_0:1:1124107
2:20 AM PST
warlords dust2 DM server
How is this conclusive evidence of an aimbot?  Sorry, but I just don't see it.
From the beginning of the demo you can see your aim getting pulled slightly towards a hitbox. It's only about 2px, but the aim correction is definitely there. It's most prominent when you pick up the M249 (the big machine gun, I can't remember if thats the proper name because I never use it) and rush through long A doors when there are CTs oncoming. The aim correction goes nuts and starts pulling towards each CT as they approach you.

EDIT : Apologies if I am out of line replying in this thread, but I thought I would try and clear up the reasoning behind why it's evident that an aimbot was in use. I hope that this has been an educational post, for the defendant and anyone else that views the demo and can't see why it's been flagged.
no, users are allowed to give their input assuming they aren't there only to bash people. i'll watch it when i've got sometime.
Didn't see anything to suspicious... The way they aimed was a little weird...
But, didn't see any straight up hacking.
I, The Rival Wrote:From the beginning of the demo you can see your aim getting pulled slightly towards a hitbox. It's only about 2px, but the aim correction is definitely there. It's most prominent when you pick up the M249 (the big machine gun, I can't remember if thats the proper name because I never use it) and rush through long A doors when there are CTs oncoming. The aim correction goes nuts and starts pulling towards each CT as they approach you.

EDIT : Apologies if I am out of line replying in this thread, but I thought I would try and clear up the reasoning behind why it's evident that an aimbot was in use. I hope that this has been an educational post, for the defendant and anyone else that views the demo and can't see why it's been flagged.

That would be called recoil compensation, and that's something very different from hacking.  I shoot and try to adjust for recoil -- in the beginning of the demo you can see that my recoil compensation kinda sucks (I don't know why I pulled down so much).  Another thing that might help is if you sit in a game and just spray around with a para: you'll get the same jumpy recoil pattern as you saw in the demo.  Additionally, 2px aim assist?  On a 1900x1200 17" screen (which is what I play on) that's at best a .03 inch (at worst ~0.01 inch) adjustment.  Do you realize how absurd it is to claim that you can see an aimbot working at that tiny of a distance, and then to claim that my aim goes crazy targeting CTs?  I'm not trying to attack you personally here, I'm just saying that you do not have the ability to discern between normal play and some kind of aim assist cheat.
Oops, quoted when i was trying to edit previous post.  Please disregard.
I watched about 1/3 of the demo (random segments) and saw nothing close to an aim assist.
no aimbot present on that demo
Pages: 1 2 3