(wL) Forums

Full Version: CS:S AFK System
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi guys I think I talk for many of the players at CS:S regarding the AFK system, that thing is horrible, not only do you only have 15 sec to move outta spawn but even if you walk with your keyboard you still get switched, you gotta move your mouse and walk to take the warning sign off, plus I've seen  other servers with the same system but you get 60 sec to move and in others you get 45 sec, I think 15 sec doesn't let you even go to pee and my bathroom its 2 feet away. I believe moving it to 60 sec would be the most intelligent move, that way not everyone gets angry at it and we can all just chill a lil and go for water or to the bathroom, and losing a life and a kill for being switch to spectator I think its over the top. thank you guys I hope you take in consideration my request, its not just me but many of the guys playing at your servers thanks! Keep it real
I like it. There's really no reason to hold up the game at all if you're not participating.  It's a little intrusive when you're waiting for someone to peek around a corner, but that's acceptable.

If you need to go quickly do something, try and wait till you die and then go spec manually.
What if we're on a bomb map, and you decided to go AFK when you died last round, and then next round you spawn with a bomb and I have to wait 60 seconds for you to drop it so that I can do the objective? Just because you want to go urinate and get water and still be in the game when you get back, doesn't mean everyone else should have to wait around for you.
Go and clear the objective site.

Fact is, a lot of people don't pay attention to the game 24/7, and it's cumbersome to do. Even if you're gone for 10 seconds, and you move, you can still get slayed for "being AFK" and it's crap. I'll be picking up my phone, then running out of spawn, and then talk, and then get slayed. It's too fast and too extreme right now.
Nah because no one rushes, they just wait for the bomb guy to move.
I think getting it to be 45 sec would be much much better. No one plants the bomb under 45 sec anyways. and getting a life and a kill taken away because ur afk 15 sec is just lame.
AlwaysAngry Wrote:I think getting it to be 45 sec would be much much better. No one plants the bomb under 45 sec anyways. and getting a life and a kill taken away because ur afk 15 sec is just lame.

That's a lie, I have planted in under 45 seconds before. Why not just move yourself to spec before leaving your machine? You have the option to do it voluntarily, which you will not be slayed and have a kill taken away, or you can let the computer do it.

I mean, if you leave your computer, you're AFK. So either go spec before you leave, or let the AFK manager move you next round. It's pretty simple.
I, The Rival Wrote:Nah because no one rushes, they just wait for the bomb guy to move.
By the same hand, I'll have connection issues for about 10 seconds since my wi-fi connection sucks. I'll continually lag out at the rounds for about 5-10 seconds, at which point I'll be slayed.

But I think the most pressing problem is the fact, and the reason this topic keeps coming up is the fact that the AFK timer will still slay & change you to spectator when you are actually moving. It's annoying when you're not AFK and you're moving and suddenly you're slayed.
The guy is actually just complaining that the AFK timer seems short, just because he wants to go the bathroom, get a drink, come back and finish off a bunch of kills or whatever.

Granted, some players do seem to be experiencing a glitch wherein the AFK manager will slay you even though you are out of your spawn point, and this guy had that problem. He also posted his own solution straight after mentioning his problem :

AlwaysAngry Wrote:even if you walk with your keyboard you still get switched, you gotta move your mouse and walk to take the warning sign off

So any tangible reason that the AFK manager needed to be lengthened was completely removed in one sentence.

Joker, your problem seems to be more connection based, but I can see that if you had maybe 10 - 15 seconds more, you would be able to get out of spawn with your laggy connection and not get slayed, that's fair enough.

I don't think the glitch is down to how long the timer is set for though, that doesn't make sense. I mean, surely it's the AFK manager thinking that you haven't moved. I can't see any correlation between that and the time limit.
So can we fix that glitch? I'm walking aren't I? =P.

I agree with the AFK timer being lengthened. Players like to go run out, grab drinks, go to the bathroom between rounds, and with the rounds being independent on play, it's hard to judge. A little bit of lengthening goes a long way. I don't see that being a problem, and it is rare that the bomb ever does go AFK.

In addition, the AFK timer doesn't work 100% of the time. Many rounds I have seen AFK's go down to 20-30 seconds left in the round, so it's not 100% effective.
Pages: 1 2