(wL) Forums

Full Version: Kill losing team on round end
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Isn't there a way to end the round rather than having to slay people?  If the smart players can save their weapon for the next round and dead people don't have to wait so long to get back into the game, then it's a win-win situation.
Perhaps we could just make any awps dissappear and get refunded half at the end of every round. Awp is the only gun that I see get excessively camped/saved because people have to compete to get it. Many people on the server wish there was no awp at all and I don't think most people would protest limiting it even further.
naive Wrote:Perhaps we could just make any awps dissappear and get refunded half at the end of every round. Awp is the only gun that I see get excessively camped/saved because people have to compete to get it. Many people on the server wish there was no awp at all and I don't think most people would protest limiting it even further.

Nah I save my knife,

All
The
Time
Smile
I 2nd the motion sir Naive..
naive Wrote:Perhaps we could just make any awps dissappear and get refunded half at the end of every round. Awp is the only gun that I see get excessively camped/saved because people have to compete to get it. Many people on the server wish there was no awp at all and I don't think most people would protest limiting it even further.
And just as many prefer it, and have found & stayed on the server because of the AWP.
They would still get to use the awp this way though, but awp whoring would be a bit harder. Nobody likes an awp whore.
I suggested this a while ago, and got torn apart by the awp huggers. I said that people should get the awp refunded at the beginning of the next round (or when the round finishes, now that you can't get killed when the round is finished), so that everyone has a fair chance of buying the awp the next round.

For some reason, people hated this idea. To this day, I still don't know why. Surely you want the same fair chance to buy the awp as everyone else? Lots of servers don't even have the awp enabled, so it's a blessing that we even have it. I enjoy using the awp from time to time, but I try and pass it off to someone else if I have had it a few rounds, because I know other people enjoy awping.

I think I also suggested implementing it so that you have to have a break round of buying the awp. So you can buy it three rounds in a row, but the 4th round you are unable to buy it, and then the round after that you are able to buy it again.

I think a lot of the time, people forget about the "team" aspect of the game. A lot of players are just out for their personal scores, rather than trying to complete the objective and be a team player. Makes me sad Sad
I, The Rival Wrote:I suggested this a while ago, and got torn apart by the awp huggers. I said that people should get the awp refunded at the beginning of the next round (or when the round finishes, now that you can't get killed when the round is finished), so that everyone has a fair chance of buying the awp the next round.

For some reason, people hated this idea. To this day, I still don't know why. Surely you want the same fair chance to buy the awp as everyone else? Lots of servers don't even have the awp enabled, so it's a blessing that we even have it. I enjoy using the awp from time to time, but I try and pass it off to someone else if I have had it a few rounds, because I know other people enjoy awping.

I think I also suggested implementing it so that you have to have a break round of buying the awp. So you can buy it three rounds in a row, but the 4th round you are unable to buy it, and then the round after that you are able to buy it again.

I think a lot of the time, people forget about the "team" aspect of the game. A lot of players are just out for their personal scores, rather than trying to complete the objective and be a team player. Makes me sad Sad

From a team-based point of view, the best AWPer on the team should be the one AWPing.  This increases the chances of your team winning the round.  If winning the round isn't of concern to someone, then they can go play in a DM server.

Regardless, this particular subject does not belong in this thread.
OwnageHN Wrote:
I, The Rival Wrote:I suggested this a while ago, and got torn apart by the awp huggers. I said that people should get the awp refunded at the beginning of the next round (or when the round finishes, now that you can't get killed when the round is finished), so that everyone has a fair chance of buying the awp the next round.

From a team-based point of view, the best AWPer on the team should be the one AWPing.  This increases the chances of your team winning the round.  If winning the round isn't of concern to someone, then they can go play in a DM server.

If you have a look, the topic has progressed onto specifics. That's what happens in conversations, they progress, otherwise you just end up repeating yourself Smile

Also I think we all have different definitions of what the "best awper" is. For instance, I enjoy lin3ar being the awper on my team over anyone. He calls out enemy locations for me, and covers me from far by staying behind the group slightly. Extremely good at picking off dudes that are about to mess me up. I also think Nada is an amazing awper, as she treats the awp likes its a scout (example would be being extremely mobile with it, snapshots like she's playing TF2 or something).

Would you still feel the same way if you were on a team with those 2, and the rule was "best awper gets the awp", so you didn't get to touch the awp the entire time those guys were in the server? I doubt it.

If you're so hardcore on the competitive edge of CS:S, why play pubs at all?
OwnageHN Wrote:

Yet again you forget what kind of servers you are playing on. These are Public Servers. We encourage everyone who would like to use the awp, to have the ability of using the awp because at the end of the day... Winning in a pub is not serious.
Pages: 1 2 3 4