(wL) Forums

Full Version: T-mobile limited "unlimited" data plans.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Anonymous

I just got message saying that I used up 5GB of my phone internet and my internet will be slowed down. I mostly use my phone internet at work, load videos, watch news, play CSS(while tethering). I signed up for t-mobile 3 years ago and always had a flex account. Two days ago t-mobile representative called me and said that they no longer accept new flex accounts and trying to get rid of old accounts(like mine) and offered me $100 plan with unlimited minutes/text and internet for two lines. They also said if I sign up for it(2yrs contract) my internet is gonna be 2GB "unlimited" per month, if I use up 2GB my internet speed will decrease. I tried to connect to CSS about 30 minutes ago, and with my decreased internet speed I get 800 ping and it's unplayable! My payments for my flex account is about $122 per month for two lines and "unlimited" 5GB data.
I know they're probably trying to adjust bandwidth, but I don't feel like I am guilty because I have a t-mobile phone(bought from t-mobile) and it has tethering option and I pay for "UNLIMITED" data. WTF? 

Also I would like to ask two questions:
- how much bandwidth do I use while playing CSS on war-lords servers with 30-40 people per hour?
- any of you have the same problem and do you feel like t-mobile just fucked it's own customers?
rofl my step-dad has verizon for his phone.When we lost our internet he used his phone connected to his laptop,it was fucking FAST
what phone do you have?> same thing with my iphone but now you can hide your data usage Tongue also you can hack an iphone to work on tmobile... just ask me how hahaha
He has the droid and i saving up for this Tongue http://www.virginmobileusa.com/cell-phon...-phone.jsp
i use t-mobile too,. since my area dont get 3gs internet i ask them to take my internet out,. since my phone(galaxy s) has option to turn off internet connection so no excuse for accident button u press to access internet.

you dont use much bandwith playing css,. coz u already has the map and plug ins from servers, i suggest going to option, multiplayer and select "do not download custom files".

using uttorent/or any form will slow down your connection,.

Anonymous

DandyAndy Wrote:what phone do you have?> same thing with my iphone but now you can hide your data usage Tongue also you can hack an iphone to work on tmobile... just ask me how hahaha

I have old mytouch 3g how can I hide data?
Unfortunately, Verizon is no better at this time.  They have also gone from unlimited to "unlimited."  Unlike yours though, if you already had the real unlimited plan, they grandfathered your plan so that if you already have it, you keep it until you change your plan (or they decide to take it away at some other date).  Any new plans are part of the new tiered data service which sound a whole lot like T-mobile's.

Anonymous

So they called me today, and this is our conversation:

t-mobile: Hello, I represent t-Mobile your call will be recorded bla bla bla, we would like to offer you a plan unlimited everything including fast internet up to 2GB with 2 years contract 99.99+tax for two lines.

Me: Hi, yes I am not interested in this plan because I am currently paying 122.11 (including tax) for the same plan and 5GB fast internet.

t-mobile: Well we can offer you 2 years contract and unlimited plan that includes 5GB fast internet for 109.99 plus tax.

Me: So you're saying that I can switch to 2yrs contract for two lines and my monthly payments will be 109.99 plus about 11 bucks CA tax(total $121), is that right?

t-Mobile: yes...

Me: No thanks, I don't see a good reason why I should sign up for a two years contract with 250 bucks cancellation fee for the same old shit...bye!

So the way I see it, ****** t-mobile is just fucking around, and trying to slay their flex account customers... fuck t-Mobile, maybe in 6 months I will get a better offer, why should I stick with fucking t-mobile because they just asked me?(no other benefits except that you can buy phone for cheap and they will add payments to your contract...) BULLSHIT >Sad
Welcome to the mobile phone network of today, can I take your money and give you less of everything?  That's a good deal...right?
Verison is what I use on my iPhone 4.
Pages: 1 2