(wL) Forums

Full Version: Scrim Problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Problem:

Ever since we started scrimming here in war-lords, we always ran into a few problems. However, one problem that seems to persist every single day is the inability of captains to pick fair teams. There are many occasions where one team completely destroys the other team and very rare occasions when teams have a fair competitive battle.

Some rules were suggested to keep this from happening, which include the implementation of a mercy rule and also the mutual agreement to repick teams. However, usually before these rules are implemented, many people are already sour, angry and put into a generally foul mood because of the horribly imbalanced teams.

Lately, we've been getting waves of new regulars that want to take part in our scrims. Some of those new regulars end up being captains, and it really isn't their fault when they pick unfair teams since they really just don't know anybody and what they're capable of.

Suggestion:

So what I'm suggesting, instead of a captains round, we do a veteran pick. What I mean by that is, those who are veterans (Veterans meaning, those who have scrimmed a lot and know what everyone is capable of) are immediately captains. We skip captains round and go straight into the picking. Scrim organizers are generally the "veterans" and they will both discuss who to pick in order to make fair teams.  Such discussions will include deciding on who are first round picks and last round picks.

Pros:
  • Saves time by skipping Captain's Round
  • Fun scrims
  • Happy people
  • Higher level of play due to the equality of team

Cons:
  • Skips Captain's Round
These rules will “simi” be incorporated into the way we do things. While I do agree that people who do not know how to pick should not be able to pick teams, I will not get rid of captains rounds all together. The new comers will just have to sit out during the captains round.
Never had the opportunity to play in Scrim Servers..so i think, i dont know!  ;D