(wL) Forums

Full Version: cs:s server constant lag spikes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
hi, wasn't sure if Suggestions is the right place, but popular maps 1 and 2 constantly suffer from lag spikes and whatnot. It's especially bad as more people join.

can anything be done to help? I'm surprisingly not-broke, and am willing to donate toward a server upgrade, but only if it'll actually help with the spikes and the "lag-bouncing"...
There's been a couple of people say this now. Is anyone else experiencing this? I'm just wondering if you can't handle all the players. What FPS do you get roughly when the server is full?
I have to say, I have been experiencing a few lag spikes. I don't think it's the servers though, since my FPS goes down and my choke goes up slightly when it happens. I think it's players not having their reg set properly, and then blaming the servers. This could be legitimate though.
i do get some lag that's my fault, but there are other times when it's obvious server-side lag and everyone on the server bitches for a few seconds.

when those server-side spikes happen, everyone runs forward for a second, then "snaps" back to where they were a second ago. That kind of thing.
Which of our servers did this occur on and what was the approximate date and time?
popular maps 1 and 2, and it comes and goes, a few minutes apart at most, at all hours.

about checking my own connection: i can do a net_graph 1 and tell you what i'm seeing, if you're willing to look at the numbers to tell me if it's my fault or if the server is overloaded.
alright, let's try that. try to screenshot it right after it lags up.
okay, so i had another lag episode, and took a screenshot. Also took a screenshot of normal, no-lag conditions.

my internet is 3M down/768K up. I selected "DSL >768K" from the steam dropdown, and then in console changed rate to 32000.

lag = dust screenshot
no lag = italy screenshot

edit: cropped images.
You're missing your Loss and Choke rates on your netgraph :\
I face this problem too , there is a sudden dip in fps and u start lagging , fa me it usually happens when there are a lotta people in the same place on the map exchanging fire . i cud be wrong about the reason ( im a computer illiterate ) , but it happens frequently . i have a laptop with decent/good config . i use a fps booster too . but still i have lag spikes outta no where . im sure its a prob on my end and bison has been helpin me to fix them . on the off chance tat its a server side issue , can u notify me ? cos i wudnt keep trying to fix something on my laptop .  :-\
Pages: 1 2 3