(wL) Forums

Full Version: For the record
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I, The Rival Wrote:Lol @ kids using "being high" as an excuse to be a douchebag racist.

Welcome to War Lords.

It's not racist.. Unless an african-american thinks its racist. Africans don't count because they are still in africa.. and anyone that has black skin in the U.S.A is classified as american since they were born here. african americans died a long time ago. The N-Term has nothing attached to it anymore just a bunch of unintelligent kids who take words seriously. I don't understand why anyone cares what someone says. It's not like you care about that person but when he says the n-term you all of the sudden care so much about him that you divert all your attention to him and call him racist...
because people are willing to bitch and fight about anything they can. At lest in American that is they why it goes.
±¨°º¤ø„¸MeDia¸„ø¤º°¨± Wrote:
I, The Rival Wrote:Lol @ kids using "being high" as an excuse to be a douchebag racist.

Welcome to War Lords.

It's not racist.. Unless an african-american thinks its racist. Africans don't count because they are still in africa.. and anyone that has black skin in the U.S.A is classified as american since they were born here. african americans died a long time ago. The N-Term has nothing attached to it anymore just a bunch of unintelligent kids who take words seriously. I don't understand why anyone cares what someone says. It's not like you care about that person but when he says the n-term you all of the sudden care so much about him that you divert all your attention to him and call him racist...

Really? The N word has no meaning? I challenge you to stroll down to South Central LA and start using that word. I think that you just might change your opinion on that. Still, it is disreapectful and uncalled for.
It is highly disrespectful when and only when used directed towards a particular individual. In my opinion we are all N words to society and the government. I personally don't take offense to anything, unless your verbally assaulting someone i respect. You can't really go ianywhere and use the N word without disrespecting someone. It is degrading in every way possible.
±¨°º¤ø„¸MeDia¸„ø¤º°¨± Wrote:It's not racist.. Unless an african-american thinks its racist. Africans don't count because they are still in africa.. and anyone that has black skin in the U.S.A is classified as american since they were born here. african americans died a long time ago. The N-Term has nothing attached to it anymore just a bunch of unintelligent kids who take words seriously. I don't understand why anyone cares what someone says. It's not like you care about that person but when he says the n-term you all of the sudden care so much about him that you divert all your attention to him and call him racist...
I think thats what it should be, or "The Prefect case", but unfortunately it's not what it is.

Anonymous

±¨°º¤ø„¸MeDia¸„ø¤º°¨± Wrote:It's not racist..
...said Media who I banned for 4 hours yesterday for racism.
"By the late 1960s, the social progress achieved by group in the United States such as the Black Civil Rights Movement (1955–68), had legitimized the racial identity word black as mainstream American English usage to denote black-skinned Americans of African ancestry. In the 90's, "Black" was later displaced in favor of the compound blanket term African American. Moreover, as a compound word, African American resembles the vogue word Afro-American, an early-1970s popular usage. Currently, some black Americans continue to use the word nigger, often spelled as nigga and niggah, without irony, to either neutral effect or as a sign of solidarity.[11]"

"Cultural: Addressing the use of nigger by black people, Cornel West said, “There’s a certain rhythmic seduction to the word. If you speak in a sentence, and you have to say cat, companion, or friend, as opposed to nigger, then the rhythmic presentation is off. That rhythmic language is a form of historical memory for black people... When Richard Pryor came back from Africa, and decided to stop using the word onstage, he would sometimes start to slip up, because he was so used to speaking that way. It was the right word at the moment to keep the rhythm together in his sentence making.”[16] Contemporarily, the implied racism of the word nigger has rendered its usages social taboo. In the US, magazines and newspapers often do not use it, instead printing “family-friendly” censored versions, usually “n*gg*r”, “n**ger”, “n——”, and “the N-word”; however, historians and social activists, such as Dick Gregory, criticize the euphemisms and their usage as intellectually dishonest, because using the euphemism “the N-word” instead of nigger robs younger generations of Americans of the full history of Black people in America."
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nigger

The term nigger wasn't a racist term until much later. Thats what I understood. Any inputs?
Yes, I will chime in on that. Growing up in Southern California I have been around many "African Americans" and yes they do still call themselves that. It is socially exceptable for them to call eachother by this name in the sence of brotherhood. It is unexceptable for any other race to use this word ever.
ruplayer Wrote:
±¨°º¤ø„¸MeDia¸„ø¤º°¨± Wrote:It's not racist..
...said Media who I banned for 4 hours yesterday for racism.

I've banned him previously for racism too. Funny old world, eh?
Hmm, sensitive topic. I think it's hard though to label someone, who you've never met, as racist just because of the use of one word. I'm white and have a black friend. Me and my friends call him 'n***' sometimes, he doesn't mind at all, we joke around all the time.
It's all about context. I'm never gonna call a black man I pass by on the street a 'n***'. But between friends I sometimes use the word, and won't stop doing it because someone thinks it's racist(I'm kind of stubborn). I do it always jokingly, never to offend and I'm definitely not racist. (Apart from the subconscious prejudices I'm sure we all have Smile )
Pages: 1 2 3 4