(wL) Forums

Full Version: Fps Sh!tty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Well, i know its annoying but i need help. It was ok playing before but now this fps is freaking me up. And I always get like "laggy, get out" during scrim from Rival and its the first scrim i had with them. From suggest of BaNaNaMaN [Image: lphxwp2q67g4ep0w3dg1.jpg] I decided to ask you guys.  Sad
I dont want ideas like "change your PC, its old." I change when i can. And What is entitles ? Its always getting high.

Here the graph screenshots :

[Image: 1q7m9kqvmi8a7ync0h8.jpg]

[Image: ve40zly3dm0kyvldoa3.jpg]

[Image: exvbey2bvwo7psxkegz1.jpg]

[Image: 97ec9h8up6uz1lrf1qyw.jpg]
                                                                                  Hope you guys be pleased and help me.
If could be your computer. Did you remember install something recently that changed your FPS?
But yeah you were lagging bad on scrim.
If so, why i set every thing to low and its still lag ?
If this just started happening, you could restore your computer back to a date that it was working fine. Try this and see if it helps.
TLDR AT THE BOTTOM. PLEASE DO READ THE WHOLE POST, UNLESS YOU JUST WANT TO BE IGNORANT AND NOT LEARN Sad

I never said "get out".

I'll try and explain this one time. There is no use me giving out answers without people learning something. Also apologies if any of this information is wrong, but I think I have a decent enough understanding.

The way it works in CS:S is that you're constantly sending updates to the server. These updates (actually called "packets") contain information such as :

- Where you are on the map
- What you can see (or what you should be able to see)
- Whether you're firing or not (or any action, for that matter)
- Whether you're moving or not
Just basically all the information about YOU that the server needs to know to place your character in the game, and for your character to be able to interact inside the map.

Now at the same time, you're receiving a whole bunch of these "packets" from the server. These include the positions, actions and whereabouts of everyone else in the server. Obviously you're not accessing all this information all the time, the server sends it to you when its necessary (for example, if you see someone else in the game, or if someone is firing at you and hits you).

So you have "traffic" coming in and out of your computer. If you have too much "traffic" for your connection to handle, then you experience "choke", which is when your connection is flooded with more data than it can handle. On the other side of that, if you aren't sending data quick enough to the server, or the "packets" are being lost along the way, then you will experience "loss".

The client side (thats your side) cvars (commands that you put in console) will, for the majority, handle how much data you are sending and receiving from/to the server. The server does have limits as to how much it can send/receive at one time, but as long as the client side cvars are less than or equal to the server side values, then you will be fine.

But sometimes, and possibly in this case, people don't set their rates properly. Usually I see the main problem coming from peoples internet connections not being able to send/receive the data quick enough.

What you should have, at least, is your cl_updaterate and cl_cmdrate set to 66. You can do this by opening console and typing

cl_updaterate 66
cl_cmdrate 66

This will mean that you're matching the servers rate at which it sends and receives data.

Now I'll actually go into what is behind the net_graph screenshot you posted.

net_graph is actually split horizontally. It's something people don't realise, because they read everything in grids. The main 2 lines you need to concentrate on are the 2nd and 3rd. You see they start with "IN" and "OUT"? Well, they go horizontally across.

That bit that says "IN" is what is being received by you from the server. The bit that says "OUT" is what you're sending to the server. From left to right :

- The size of the "packets" being sent by the server, and being received by you. This is in kilobytes. This will change throughout the game, sometimes quite rapidly. That's fine. The one next to "OUT" is the size of the "packets" that you are sending to the server. This will also change.

- The average amount of kilobytes per second being sent from the server, and being sent from you.

- The average amount of "packets" being sent from the server, and being sent from you.

TLDR;

What I can tell from your net_graph posting is that you are consistently failing to provide adequate amounts of data to the server at a high enough speed. In other words, your internet sucks.

Just an example, in the last screenshot :

- You're sending 14.8 packets per second.
- Each packet is 101 kilobytes
- You're sending it at a speed of 1.64 kilobytes per second.

Now granted, the last value (14.8/s) can often be completely wrong, and sometimes even impossible. But the fact of the matter is, you're sending packets too slowly to the server.

I'm really not sure what you can do about this. You're either being blocked by a firewall (maybe in your router), being limited by your ISP, or your ISP just plain sucks and hates you playing games. It could be other people in your house uploading/downloading data. It could be several things.

My main advice would be make sure you set your rates to the server default (like I said up above) or find a better ISP.
Do what Rival said looks like it great info. If that doesnt work, make sure that your not running to many Programs to help free up some CPu time for the game. A few years back i had this problem where i wold get VERY VERY low FPS like what is happening to you, but my ping was the same as normal. I found out that i was having Hardware Interrupts.

(Hardware interrupts occur when a peripheral wants attention from the CPU, High CPU consumption by these activities can indicate a hardware problem or device driver bug.)

This makes it so that your CPU is being held up and you cant use the CPU time for anything else. Look in your Task Manager and see if you can find anything that says "Hardware Interrupts".
The low FPS drop could actually be down to your hardware not rendering the models quick enough. "Entities" are all the objects in the map, including player models and animations (like people moving, crouching, firing, dropping weapons, reloading etc). If the "entities" portion of your net_graph payload (the payload is the actual bar graph part of net_graph, with all the colours) is spiking, then this is most likely true.

There are several ways you can edit your game to minimise the amount of "entities" that are being rendered in the game at one time. You could turn off stuff like decals (bullet holes, scratch marks), turn off excess models (like trash), make ragdolls disappear when not being used (basically makes dead bodies disappear). There are many ways. I wrote a thread a while back on how to tweak your games graphics using autoexec. It's pretty simple, you just read through and decide what you want and what you don't want.

Other solutions would be more hardware related. Getting a new computer would be a benefit, or even just a new graphics card. A new ISP could be more beneficial, as you'll be able to send/receive packets quicker, meaning that your graphics card has more time to render the models (and therefore the events) quicker, meaning you're PC won't get these huge lag spikes where lots of things are trying to be rendered all at the same time.
Thanks alot Rival This is help me much. but sum up, my internet sucks. And i found out that my CPU doesnt work properly. But anyway my PC ABSOLUTELY can handle this sucha graphic. Because i play Resident Evil 5
In all high mode with no lag or anything.

THANK YOU AGAIN RIVAL, SPARTAN.  ;D
Knowpain Wrote:Thanks alot Rival This is help me much. but sum up, my internet sucks. And i found out that my CPU doesnt work properly. But anyway my PC ABSOLUTELY can handle this sucha graphic. Because i play Resident Evil 5
In all high mode with no lag or anything.

THANK YOU AGAIN RIVAL, SPARTAN.  ;D

In that case, it's most likely that it's your internet connection. Question, does this happen when you are playing in pubs? Or was it just in the scrim?
Everywhere. but i got a Vietnam server. Its well for play but that server is fking strange and hard to play.
well this is just my ISP sucks.
Pages: 1 2 3