(wL) Forums

Full Version: A problem in the sniper server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I peek out from behind a wall, players only appear after about half a second (before which they are invisible), and you can't really prepare for that. It's not like they are coming from behind walls too, they're out in the open, just invisible for a while. There's been at least 3 other people complaining about the same occurrence. I don't know if it's an issue isolated to the sniper server, but would be great to have it sorted out. Thanks.

Edit: Ok, the bug is apparent in the minigames server too. I'm assuming that it occurs in every war-lords server.
Main issue with the Sniper server is it doesn't get restarted enough. I haven't had this particular issue. Im sure it has something to do with the fact that not everyone has ideal ping.
_RemiX Wrote:Main issue with the Sniper server is it doesn't get restarted enough. I haven't had this particular issue. Im sure it has something to do with the fact that not everyone has ideal ping.

Really? REALLY? I'm sure that it's more to do with the fact that not everyone has ideal rates. I have 160+ ping, I don't suddenly appear in front of people. You know why? It's because I have my rates set correctly. A lot of people don't. It's always people talking shit about other peoples ping. Educate yourself man.
silly Wrote:When I peek out from behind a wall, players only appear after about half a second (before which they are invisible), and you can't really prepare for that. It's not like they are coming from behind walls too, they're out in the open, just invisible for a while. There's been at least 3 other people complaining about the same occurrence. I don't know if it's an issue isolated to the sniper server, but would be great to have it sorted out. Thanks.

Edit: Ok, the bug is apparent in the minigames server too. I'm assuming that it occurs in every war-lords server.

not jus the sniper server , its there on every server . it was annoying at first to have people appearing outta thin air , but then it was kinda fun , pre fire every corner . any way a lotta people are pissed off and are rage quiting . ROOTS please fix the problem .
I, The Rival Wrote:
_RemiX Wrote:Main issue with the Sniper server is it doesn't get restarted enough. I haven't had this particular issue. Im sure it has something to do with the fact that not everyone has ideal ping.

Really? REALLY? I'm sure that it's more to do with the fact that not everyone has ideal rates. I have 160+ ping, I don't suddenly appear in front of people. You know why? It's because I have my rates set correctly. A lot of people don't. It's always people talking shit about other peoples ping. Educate yourself man.
I don't think it's because of either of these. I'm going to record it with fraps to show what I mean.
silly Wrote:When I peek out from behind a wall, players only appear after about half a second (before which they are invisible), and you can't really prepare for that. It's not like they are coming from behind walls too, they're out in the open, just invisible for a while. There's been at least 3 other people complaining about the same occurrence. I don't know if it's an issue isolated to the sniper server, but would be great to have it sorted out. Thanks.

Not just that, happens to me in office and pop maps.
I thought it was because of my graphic card because I play at 20-40fps.
silly Wrote:
I, The Rival Wrote:

I don't think it's because of either of these. I'm going to record it with fraps to show what I mean.

I know what you mean because it just happened to me when I was in the same server as you. You appeared out of nowhere.

So whatever, I don't know. I don't really care either, as long as it doesnt effect the scrim server.

EDIT : Maybe it has something to do with the fact that cl_interp_ratio is now forced to "1" on the servers? Idk, not a lot of people can handle a ratio of 1 if they have cl_interp set low (like 0.015). All I can think of is loads of kids with shitty internet running around the servers not updating properly, all with orange lerp saying "omg i pwn u noobs!".

EDIT : Okay so I made a quick video trying to explain the issue.

It's not as noticeable as it should be in this video. The reason I think that is, is because my update rate dropped to around 30. When it was at 66, it was twice as bad as the video shows (you'll have to imagine that bit).

Unfortunatly, since I was recording with Fraps whilst playing (POV demos did not replicate the issue), the framerate is terrible, and the quality is less than desirable. The audio goes out of sync at one point as well.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XraMuweNqcc[/youtube]
I, The Rival Wrote:

Tbh I read your topic about rates. I tossed that in there to put you in a frenzy! Looks like my evil Genius plan is working.
_RemiX Wrote:
I, The Rival Wrote:

Tbh I read your topic about rates. I tossed that in there to put you in a frenzy! Looks like my evil Genius plan is working.

I'm sure that was your plan all along. Either way, there is still an issue (one that I am sure is not directly linked to people having high ping).
Could be due to the new anti-wallhack module.
Pages: 1 2