(wL) Forums

Full Version: Videos -HACKERS-
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
James Wrote:I believe in the hacker abuse section we should have another mini section where you can throw down videos you have of people who are either being reviewed or are currently banned to bring forth evidence. I report players after they have been banned to give proof to their offense and so they know why they were banned. I just feel even though most don't appeal their bans we should still have a section where we throw all the hacker videos into.

Besides if we did that people could watch the videos and know what to look for when hackers come into the war lord servers. Just a suggestion.

Let me try and dissect this.

Proposal

A video section made up of demos by banned/suspected cheaters

Purpose
1) Provide the cheaters with information on why they got banned
2) Educate the general wL players on what to look for in cheaters.

I don't see how the current Report Cheaters section doesn't support the two purposes. However, to provide some "valuable input", you could just post up the videos in the Video section, and explain what you think we ought to look for and stuff.
He did revise it to say that oly admins woueld see it so that they could learn to better detect hacks...
Eternal Wrote:Okay, posting a giant thumbs down, not okay. Instead, if you disagree with his idea, post WHY. At least pTK & Spartacus can explain as to why they think it's not a good idea.

Thank you.

MindHACKer Wrote:I really liked that giant thumb  :Smile

It's posts like these on forums that irritate me to no end. They hold no valuable content whatsoever and is pretty much only posted for post count. Stop with the mindless post and please stay on topic.

Spartacus Wrote:
James Wrote:I believe in the hacker abuse section we should have another mini section where you can throw down videos you have of people who are either being reviewed or are currently banned to bring forth evidence. I report players after they have been banned to give proof to their offense and so they know why they were banned. I just feel even though most don't appeal their bans we should still have a section where we throw all the hacker videos into.

Besides if we did that people could watch the videos and know what to look for when hackers come into the war lord servers. Just a suggestion.

Let me try and dissect this.

Proposal

A video section made up of demos by banned/suspected cheaters

Purpose
1) Provide the cheaters with information on why they got banned
2) Educate the general wL players on what to look for in cheaters.

I don't see how the current Report Cheaters section doesn't support the two purposes. However, to provide some "valuable input", you could just post up the videos in the Video section, and explain what you think we ought to look for and stuff.

Well you see the current one is just a one thread type thing where only a singular person reports a player and than is shortly after closed after they are banned. But what if people have more demos?

Scenario: A guy hacking is caught walling. Now there is not sufficient evidence on one persons demo but another players demo which was recorded later or before has sufficient evidence. Should it not be said that instead of creating an entire new thread you should post it in the same thread for sufficient evidence and an easier reference point? However you can't due to closed threads. That is why I believe we should open a sub section or even have a stickied thread with different categories. It has come to my attention that spamming is also recordable and bannable that way. However I was not aware of this.

Things need to be outlined people. We need to know what we can do to keep the servers and a peaceful calm level and yet at the same time fun and energetic.
Eternal Wrote:Okay, posting a giant thumbs down, not okay. Instead, if you disagree with his idea, post WHY. At least pTK & Spartacus can explain as to why they think it's not a good idea.

i dont see whats wrong with it, i dont offend anyone with my post theres a bunch of post that u need to work on to do your job , what do you think of thumbs down?       
use your sense. its  my opinion to say im not agree of what he said as what the second said.
iSpy Wrote:

1) i dont see whats wrong with it,2) i dont offend anyone with my post theres a bunch of post that u need to work on to do your job , 3) what do you think of thumbs down?        
4) use your sense. 5) its  my opinion to say im not agree of what he said as what the second said.

1) Posting a giant thumbs down, is not appropriate.
2) Learn to use commas please.
3) Look at " 1) "
4) Common sense told me, " Hey, it's inappropriate! "
5) Opinion? Yes. Appropriate way of showing it? No
Eternal Wrote:
iSpy Wrote:

1) i dont see whats wrong with it,2) i dont offend anyone with my post theres a bunch of post that u need to work on to do your job , 3) what do you think of thumbs down?        
4) use your sense. 5) its  my opinion to say im not agree of what he said as what the second said.

3) Look at " 1) "

1. show me the rules about posting the giant thumbs down as innapropriate
2. youre so funny, commas? ok i forgot to put commas or i placed it wrong so what? did i offended you with my comma?
3. answer my question 1
4. yes i think you missed placed your sense.
5. answer my 1st question
Look, as interesting as how this potential argument might turn out, I hope the rest of the thread doesn't divert away from the original topic.

Poor James.
iSpy Wrote:
Eternal Wrote:
iSpy Wrote:

3) Look at " 1) "

1. show me the rules about posting the giant thumbs down as innapropriate
2. youre so funny, commas? ok i forgot to put commas or i placed it wrong so what? did i offended you with my comma?
3. answer my question 1
4. yes i think you missed placed your sense.
5. answer my 1st question

It's inappropriate; there is no specific down the point rule stating " If someone posts a giant thumbs down picture, it must be removed ". Why is it inappropriate? Because, it's showing that you don't care enough to give your honest opinion. If you think it's that bad of an idea, you can post " I disagree " I think this won't work " or even, " I see what you mean, but this is the flaw in it " , at least something along those lines.
pTK Wrote:If they watch other hackers and notice similarities between what they do, and what the hacker does, they make stop doing it. For example alot of hackers have a nervous twitch. When somebody shows up behind a wall they will almost gaurantee twitch towards them as if they know they are there. Just 1 of many examples.
+1 yup thats true and when we point out that how they knew there was someone behind the wall they will learn from their mistakes and next time they wont do it again this will make it harder for admins to detect them and become better hackers in the future
Assassin Wrote:
pTK Wrote:If they watch other hackers and notice similarities between what they do, and what the hacker does, they make stop doing it. For example alot of hackers have a nervous twitch. When somebody shows up behind a wall they will almost gaurantee twitch towards them as if they know they are there. Just 1 of many examples.
+1 yup thats true and when we point out that how they knew there was someone behind the wall they will learn from their mistakes and next time they wont do it again this will make it harder for admins to detect then and become a better hackers in the future

The thing between the idea and the problem is: If you do create it, you'd none the less have to make it public, which could cause your guys theories of people coming in, watching them, and learning from them, the wrong way. So it would either have to be messed around with and make it so that only trusted people can view it or only staff can view it. No?
Pages: 1 2 3 4