(wL) Forums

Full Version: Helices Admin Application!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hello everyone! My in-game name is Helices - I like shooting guns Wink In real life or in games!

EDIT:
I would like to say ahead of time, I'm only posting this so over the future, others can watch my actions in server. I'm in no way trying to obtain admin quickly. I do realize I must be more active on the forums, and part of the community for longer than 1 month. I do, however, feel as though I have a LOT to offer. as will be detailed below!

I'd like to apply for admin, if only on the mini-games server for several reasons! For the most part, the server is tolerable, but there are a few things I would really like to change - things that have been annoying many players for some time now.

To get started, here's my information as asked by the application outline:

Steam ID : STEAM_0:0:1503211113
Timezone : EST
Availability : Really, this depends. The upcoming Christmas holiday will give me plenty of time. Whenever I can sneak breaks or weekends between school. The upside is I'm on at random times, this could be anywhere from early mornings, to late nights, to after midnight (early mornings Wink. This could be advantageous in the sense I show up randomly, not on a timed schedule.

About myself
: Well, I'm currently enrolled in college here in Canada for Control Engineering Technology. This course involves working with mechanical equipment, digital electronics, and AC/DC circuits. The idea is quite broad - basically any system out there requires some sort of control system - and that's where I fit in. In practice, we've gone as far as programming micro-controllers and making robots! I've been a bit of a nerd since as long as I can remember I had the internet to make use of research - 12 years of age. I began my nerd escapade by trying to break the boundaries of games, through debugging and memory editing. This started with good ol' game-shark, but progressed on the computer to much more advanced levels.

I've been involved with a few different groups and clans in my time. I started playing CS back in 1.3.. I wonder if anyone remembers the skin glitch! I might get the shaft for saying this, but I was an active coder with [JAPS] clan for over a year, under a different name. I'm quite familiar with the old HL engine (up to 1.6), as well as web development and programming (primarily C). This also makes me quite familiar with hacking, hack development, and spotting them.

I am currently a moderator and manager of a Minecraft community, known as Mayhem Servers. Our dev team is actively working on a few projects, such as Zombie mode, and making the server more efficient. My work with these servers outside gaming includes problem solving, fixing server issues, custom command coding, keeping things organized, and making sure everyone (for the most part) is happy. . Within the servers, I enjoy playing, however, my main focus is making sure people aren't griefing (destroying others property), excessively swearing, or causing others to have a bad experience. I started out on these servers as a regular member and worked my way up through writing the Mayhem Servers Manual, setting up a help desk, among other things, as when I joined, Mayhem Servers were just going through the creation stage.

I primarily use Linux as my OS of choice (distro changes quite frequently, but usually Debian based), of course, this does not apply to gaming for the most part. However, in terms of being able to help out with server issues (windows/Linux), I can lend a hand!

But the main reason I'd like to apply for this position, isn't because I can frag everyone! I'm only a mediocre player - I have good rounds and bad rounds. I simply want to put an end to some of the ridiculous spamming and trolling that has been happening lately.

It is unfortunate that there aren't often admins on the mini-game server, and when problems arise - they often go on for quite some time..

A good example is when people refuse to enter the ring in the knife MG (I forget the map name). People often purposely sit outside and never enter the ring, and everyone who wants to end the round is sitting in the ring trying to get at said person. Vote-ban and vote-kick aren't very effective in situations like this unfortunately.

There is also a ridiculous amount of mic spam - and quite a lot of swearing and degrading comments made. I understand that these things will happen, but some people get carried away to the point it's all they're saying.

It would be nice to have a respectable game-play with nothing more than competitive speak. I'm not saying there should be no swearing whatsoever, but it kills me inside, just a bit, when 12 year olds are mic spamming (noob, faggot, lame, fail,) on every round. Simply because they can get away with it..

I understand that I haven't been overly active on the forums, but I intend to change this, and hope that in the future, I may be considered!

Thank you for your time good people of War-Lords servers!

Cheers!
lol your first post is your admin app? lol good luck anyway
good luck lol your application is so long i didnt even read it beacause i have to sleep right now.
@ Drunk, not my first post, I've made a few, and a topic of my own! You should post your real life photos of shooting here: http://war-lords.net/image-mania/shooti ... /#msg35585

But you are right, it is quite early in the game and I only want to let everyone know what I'm capable of, and how I can help. Weeks, months, etc down the road - perhaps. So I added the edit at the top! Thanks, as I don't want to misconstrue this applications!
How much time do you have logged in our servers? Current requirement is 5 days, and I believe you have under 2?

Just as an FYI.
@ Joker8baller: Good question.

In terms of my length (connectivity on an hourly base), I'm not quite sure. I have been active on a daily basis for a month or so now. I'm not sure how to check how many hours in total that has been, or whether it has been 5 days (120 hours). More than likely, in only a months time, I have not passed this requirement. I simply don't have the time to put in 4 - 8 hours daily, or anywhere near that. At best, 2 hours per day - my schedule is quite tight with the GF, work, school, and the like. However I do log on on a daily basis, and have at least a good solid hour or 2 to get away from the hectic life I live!

But in any event, I am active - and will eventually (if not already) surpass the time requirements. So hopefully this application could be kept on notice if this is the case. I only want to rid this mic spam and 12 year old mentality of childish behavior - it's been getting to a lot of us in game at certain times.

Perhaps you could let me know of any command that could give me this information.
http://wls.gameme.com/search?q=15032111 ... ll&x=9&y=9

Looks like you have roughly over a day of gameplay. Your application is up to the discretion of the head admin and he will render his judgement as he sees fit.

Cheers.
Thank you!

Perhaps some time from now, I will be able to call you my comrad! Until then, I will continue doing what I'm doing - except, I'm going to start recording demos of mic spammers and immature kids, as something to bring to the table!!

Cheers!
Good luck dude..  Big Grin and try to baht caught hackers as well
Good luck and make sure to play in all the servers so that everyone gets a chance to know you!
Pages: 1 2 3