(wL) Forums

Full Version: sniper server lagging
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
yesterday i went to sniper server after about a week of not going there played there for a while then suddenly i noticed that all the players pings go high and everyone starts lagging it comes and goes pings goes from 30 to 200 and like that, and its only in the sniper server, and it looks like its been happening for a week or so.
its lagging so bad, please fix that!
btw, its only on Snipers server!
DDOS?
SpartanOnLSD Wrote:DDOS?
idk? :o
SpartanOnLSD Wrote:DDOS?
not sure, you dont lose connection but your ping goes up and you start lagging
It sure is, lerp is yellow and theres ping spikes too.
DDOS!
you guys have sure made a lot of RAGE/DDOS enemies..lol
Hmm I think the server is normal. But before, akolit had no lag but now :|
Nah, the server is def. not normal, the "problems" started about 2 weeks ago, but it got worse the last few days. My ping is usually pretty high, but it never goes above 200. Now it's above 200 almost half of the time.
I'll investigate the issue. I remember Matt! mentioning a particularly problematic map, but by the sounds of it, this isn't a map specific problem.

Edit: It looks like the server's CPU usage is at 100%. This requires further investigating in order to determine the cause of the High CPU usage.

Edit2: I couldn't pin the High CPU usage on any particular plugin.

Edit3: Restarting appears to have resolved the High CPU usage (for now). I still don't know the cause. I've went ahead and updated a few things while it was down, though. Sad

Edit4: Looks like many maps reference invalid items and entities, but I'm not sure whether this has anything to do with the CPU issue. This is going to take a lot of work in stripper.  :-\
Pages: 1 2