(wL) Forums

Full Version: Leo's Application
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Name: リオ「leo」
Steam ID : STEAM_0:0:4263691
Timezone: -7GMT
Availability: Most afternoons and late evenings.
Reason For Admin Application: I like playing in the Popular Maps servers and would like to help out with cleaning up some of the griefers and such that we get in there.

Tell us something about yourself:
Oh, there's a lot to say. I've been playing CS since 1.0 way back in the day. I've helped out in numerous CS communities over the years being an admin, server owner, and co-owner of a community at one point (all on 1.6. Never been an admin in CS:S). I can't really provide proof of this since all those communities are gone now.

I'm a pretty responsible guy, but I'm also fairly easy going as well. I feel admin power should be used as a last resort to dealing with most problems in servers (though some people just don't learn).

Other things: I'm a college student majoring in English. I plan on being a novelist one of these days. I do a lot of art in Photoshop (mainly signatures) and I know a bit about web design and some about development. I'm pretty regular on various forums as I like to write. I play a lot of chess as well and I occasionally dapple in Shogi from time to time (Japanese chess). I know a little Japanese after taking a year of it in college, but I'm far from fluent.

I dunno if the play time requirement is for all the servers or just the ones I play on. I only ever play on the Popular Maps servers, but I'm pretty sure I have something like 6 days of play time in them.

Anyway, that's about all that I can think of to add right now. If you have any other questions, lemme know. Smile

Edit: Oh yeah, that reminds me. I teach chess to kids at my church. Big Grin
Good luck =)
Where do you play chess? I played on freechess.org and scored 1500+ there.
Good luck.
Yeah I'm up for a chess game as well!
Good luck. Smile
Good luck
ruplayer Wrote:Where do you play chess? I played on freechess.org and scored 1500+ there.

I play twice a week with Class B players and higher at a club run by one of the local experts. I also play twice a week at my church where I set up a small club last year. I addition to playing there, I give lessons to kids and a few adults. I play other times, but not in any regular fashion.

I don't really play much online. I'm a kinesthetic learner and find I don't play as well on the computer since I'm not physically moving the pieces and I can't see the different depths of field like I can in person.

In case anyone is wondering, I'm not rated. Most people would peg me around 1500-1600 or so, I think.
I don't know man, 1500-1600 isn't pro, but it's far from beginners. 1800-2000 guys can play this game without looking at the board, they play it by calling E2-E4 and so, and so....  Register on freechess.org and we can play some time.
ruplayer Wrote:I don't know man, 1500-1600 isn't pro, but it's far from beginners. 1800-2000 guys can play this game without looking at the board, they play it by calling E2-E4 and so, and so....  Register on freechess.org and we can play some time.

I know. I play Class A and Expert rated players all the time. Occasionally I beat them, though not often. I do have a 3/6 win ratio in blitz chess with one of the 1900 rated players though.

I've actually thought about practicing blind chess at this point just to sharpen my awareness of things like long range attacks. I have a terrible habit of forgetting about them. XD

Anyway, sure, I'll register on freechess.

Edit: Registered. What're they running their terminal through? Telnet???
Pages: 1 2