(wL) Forums

Full Version: Suggestion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is it possible to lower the vote ratio?
The vote_kick or vote_something, the ratio is about 80% for it to pass, being @ this server for 6 months, but never seen one pass.
If you can lower to around 60%, it will be easier to vote_something, when there is no admin playing.
I would agree with this suggestion.
Masterful1 Wrote:I would agree with this suggestion.
yeah

!voteban = 75%
!votekick = 60%
!votemute = 60%
!votefuck = 10% lol jk

But thats a good idea tho. Wink
everyone was trying to vote a hacker yesterday, but ......  vote did not go throu again.
I guess maybe:
voteban = 60%
votekick = 50% or less
votemute = 40% or less
will be better.  some people dont know how to vote.
but, votefuck ..... I think it should be free.  Love, girl who is open.
BRABUS Wrote:everyone was trying to vote a hacker yesterday, but ......  vote did not go throu again.
I guess maybe:
voteban = 60%
votekick = 50% or less
votemute = 40% or less
will be better.  some people dont know how to vote.
but, votefuck ..... I think it should be free.  Love, girl who is open.

if we made voteban 60%, everyone would abuse it.
I'll agree on this one. Votebans/votekicks almost never pass, making the plugin useless.

However, it is obvious that a lower percentage threshold can and will be abused.

I suggest lowering the percentage to 66.67% (2/3) for a week or two and see the results.
yeah i agree with lowering the number of votes though i still dont know how it would be abused, dont they get banned when they abuse the voting system?

But even though lowering the votekick/votemute to 60% and 50% would be good for when there are spammers, and those who dont do objective when there isnt an admin online, and the percentage can be adjusted when there are few players in the server.

Its useless now, i dont even use it when i see a spammer or cheater because i know it wont pass, and this is frustrating.
In 2004, there were about 216 million people in the US who were able to vote. Out of these people, only about 126 million actually voted. (58%) The 2004 elections had the largest percentage of people who voted since 1968.

Make it 60 for voteban. Sounds about right.
agree 100%. i always wanted to make a thread about this, but was too lazy.

ive almost completely stopped using the voteban system, because although it has worked in the past, it has only worked against blatant hackers with a full server.

and in the case of mic spammers and such, you can really only rally your own team to voteban since we are the only ones experiencing the abuse, therefore it is completely useless in that situation.
I've seen regulars accuse legitimate players of cheating and set off a chain of votebans. If it weren't for the voteban ratio being what it is, then they'd have gotten the user banned. They were literally 1-2 votes off and the server was completely full. People are far too willing to ban others... If someone has a high kpd ratio then they'll probably get a bunch of players trying to voteban them eventually. The ban train typically starts with a newbie saying, "voteban him!", then the other newbs typically do, and the smarter players will generally ask, "why?", followed by the typical response, "he wallhax!!11". Unfortunately, both the voteban happy players and the smarter players will inevitably go ahead and voteban the accused since they like to jump on the voteban train once it gets started. :-X

However, regarding the votemute... I could perhaps make it only count votes from players on your team, which will make it considerably easier to get the user muted (far fewer total players *teammates counted only*).
Pages: 1 2