(wL) Forums

Full Version: Ban Appeal
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Name: FPS Nerd
SteamID: STEAM_0:0:50647103

I just got into the Counter Strike community, been playing FPS games since COD4 to BF3 and MW3 on xbox and some on pc, my friend Justin showed me CS:S and said even though it's old, it's a pretty popular game.

I made a steam account JUST for this game and after an hour or so of playing I'm doing what I thought as decent for a first time player, I guess people that play are pretty good. apparently he thought I was doing terrible so he downloaded some crap off the internet the removes recoil, saying that it's cool almost everyone that plays uses worse things like auto aim and hacks that let you see through walls? and he said that I'd be fine.

I really don't want a bad reputation for a game I just started playing and straight up don't plan on using anything illegitimate anymore on any servers, I noticed yours is one of the more popular ones also so I'd hate to be banned from one of the last populated servers on this game.

Sorry for the inconvenience and if I don't get unbanned I'm gonna expect him to give me 20$ for pretty much lying and saying that a no recoil script or hack or w.e was OK for this game since it's so old.

Again, sorry, and I hope you understand.

EDIT: Also do you think I got keylogged  or a virus from the hack he DLd? I deleted it but am still concerned I could've gotten malware or something
I'd expect him to pay you $20, as you could of got something worse like a VAC ban (Still could happen), which bans you from all the protected servers making your game pretty much useless.

Our servers are pretty cheat proof as you have just found out, so saying everyone hacks is pretty much an overstatement.

Getting malware is also a risk you take, especially from something as dodgy as game cheats.
Well like I said this is my first Steam account and I only got it for this game, yet still if what you say is true and I lose the ability to play on all the real servers there's no way he's not paying me that money.

And thanks for the info looks like I'm going to have to run some scans on my pc now as well.
Valve employs a technique called delayed bans. You could get banned anywhere from days to months after a single cheating infraction.

As for the possibility of malware, many free cheats come with built-in root kits or rats. The hack developers who take part in this malicious behavior will then typically sell access to your computer as part of a botnet to other blackhats on the internet. Since orangebox is one of the much older games still played, many people who still play use much weaker computers systems hardly capable of maintaining adequate frame rates. This means they're more likely to shut off as many things as possible when playing to boost frame rate and among the things commonly turned off are anti-virus programs. Cheat developers know this and so it's beneficial for them to target these sort of people as they're less likely to be tech savvy and will rarely notice the backdoor running on their system for long periods of time.
well I've since gotten my PC checked at Best Buy and everything seems to be fine. But wow, knowing that this problem could've caused a lot more damage than losing a 20$ game is pretty irritating considering he told me everything would be fine.

He swears nothing could of happened but I told him I'll be playing without any mods or hacks from now on.. The game seems to play out fairly in most lobbies, not all though...

That's what I liked about your guys' server, and If I had known this was something that wasn't common among players like my friend said it was I wouldn't have put it on my PC..

Also playing without it now I can see the difference and it is pretty unfair, especially at long ranges. I understand why it's taken so seriosuly.

Thanks for all the info and again, I'd love another opportunity to play on your server and assure you you will no longer have any problems with me regarding hacks of any sort if you do decide to give me another shot.
Hmmm. I doubt you'd get unbanned. You accused me of hacking last time, saying a 200 pinger going 30-6 is definitely hacks. I didn't want to mention I was admin. Anyways, can you tell us the name of the guy who told you to download the no recoil?
Apologies if I was being rude then, like I said I had just started playing this game so I was probably just irritated from getting owned by the Veterans. Going from playing against casual CoD players to active CS:S players is quite a difference, people are a lot better lol..

My friends steam account is dkgpro, not sure about his ID though..
So is that a no go on the appeal then? :\ Mr.Bison answered my questions but never said yes/no on whether or not I'd be unbanned.

At this point I'm perm-banned from all of your servers, the punishment suits the crime but I really hope you can give me one more chance based on what happened.

I've been playing clean ever since I got banned by you guys.
Bump, (Sorry If we're not supposed to, I just know I wouldn't get a reply unless I did.)
REJECTED

You have been continuing your cheating spree during the duration of this ban appeal. You're definitely not going to be unbanned.

-CLOSED-