(wL) Forums

Full Version: For/Against: AWP on Dust 2 Deathmatch Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
So I noticed today that AWPs have been added to the 24/7 Dust 2 Deathmatch server. I know people have been taking about this and I am open to giving it a try.

However, I think that opening up AWPs on a deathamtch can be the beginning of a dirty game. Because the round is never over, someone with an AWP can camp a location and if they're good enough virtually never get killed. It's hard enough fighting off terrorists when they get in the corner ramp at long a without an awp. And the same with terrorists camping up by spawn and watching the doorway to the tunnels. There are a number of spots that would be hard to take if an awper was standing by.

I personally liked the server the way it was. It's had a lot of quality regulars and I'm afraid that some of them (I know of a few) will get irritated being killed by awps and leave.

Like they say, awps make you feel like you're in the game without actually joining.  Wink
I was told to move this to here so here it is:

ok who is the person to suggest awps in the dm server? Ok im raging so hard at the moment come on know I play your server for at least 1-3 hours a day and at least 5 hours + on the weekends I loved this server because it was so balanced and all the guns and everything but now that you guys added AWPs me and a couple of friends are seriously thinking about quiting so that would mean you would have like an average of about 4 people at least because its mostly dead when I check and only bots playing. so if you guys decide to do this, me and probably a lot of my friends on this server are going to quit if you guys do decide to get rid of them we are still going to stay for a long time.

What I feel like at the moment: [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vT9p1VgQTF4[/youtube]
Yeah, I heard many people are about to RQ because of Awps.. I think we just got a Snipers server #2
ReeFlex® Wrote:I was told to move this to here so here it is:

ok who is the person to suggest awps in the dm server? Ok im raging so hard at the moment come on know I play your server for at least 1-3 hours a day and at least 5 hours + on the weekends I loved this server because it was so balanced and all the guns and everything but now that you guys added AWPs me and a couple of friends are seriously thinking about quiting so that would mean you would have like an average of about 4 people at least because its mostly dead when I check and only bots playing. so if you guys decide to do this, me and probably a lot of my friends on this server are going to quit if you guys do decide to get rid of them we are still going to stay for a long time.
Funnily enough, I'd say at least more than four people will be much more attracted to playing on the server from now on (myself included).

Colonel Sanders Wrote:So I noticed today that AWPs have been added to the 24/7 Dust 2 Deathmatch server. I know people have been taking about this and I am open to giving it a try.
As am I.

Colonel Sanders Wrote:However, I think that opening up AWPs on a deathamtch can be the beginning of a dirty game.
Not true, awps are usually an accepted part of deathmatch servers, the way the server used to be was rather untraditional for a dm server.

Colonel Sanders Wrote:Because the round is never over, someone with an AWP can camp a location and if they're good enough virtually never get killed. It's hard enough fighting off terrorists when they get in the corner ramp at long a without an awp. And the same with terrorists camping up by spawn and watching the doorway to the tunnels. There are a number of spots that would be hard to take if an awper was standing by.
I partially agree with these points, (especially the one concerning the ramp at long A) although the double doors area is not supposed to be easy to get through; it's not supposed to be a cakewalk. I think you've just gotten used to the idea.

A simple solution for almost completely eliminating hardcore camping is to organize the spawn points so that cts and ts spawn at numerous changing locations (as opposed to the fixed current locations). And as a matter of fact, that will also stop ts from monopolizing Short A and the A bombsite and continuously spawn killing cts with ease.

Colonel Sanders Wrote:I personally liked the server the way it was. It's had a lot of quality regulars and I'm afraid that some of them (I know of a few) will get irritated being killed by awps and leave.
Just because it was like that for a long time, doesn't mean that's the way it should be. Tbh, it reminds me of when some senior citizens complain about new technology.

Colonel Sanders Wrote:Like they say, awps make you feel like you're in the game without actually joining.  Wink
Sniping usually involves different tactics than with automatic machine guns and pistols. That should be immediately obvious. Thankfully, css isn't just about rushing and spraying at people. Snipers usually have to be more strategic and careful with their shots or they'll probably die quite easily. Only the best sorts of snipers are able to use rush tactics effectively.
Yeah there's nothing inherently bad about the awp. Some people love it and others hate it. The server has been a non-awp server and it's attracted the type of people who can either live without it or hate it. Adding awps will probably change the personality of the server. And since many CS players are total awp-junkies it will probably turn it into an awpfest a lot of the time. The time I was on today, most the players had awps. I mean that just shows how much the awp can dominate gameplay and the character of a server. There's no reason to change this server, especially since War-Lords have a dedicated awp server. Let the awpers flock there instead of allowing them to pick off heads on the DM server.
Hey Sanders, didnt know you were on the forums.

It would be nice having awps on d2 dm, like on the previous topic I voted yes.
I come to Dust 2 DM because I practice with scout, awp will ruin this shit!
Leave the awp and the last option for the poll looks retarded.
BaNaNaMaN Wrote:Leave the awp and the last option for the poll looks retarded.

Yes I thought so.... how can you limit one awp per team on a deathmatch server?
I could probably make something so you purchase awps in exchange for kills.  :o

I do agree awps overshadow scouts making them considerably harder to use.

Anyways, as for the person who suggested the awps in the first place... *looks at ARYA*
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7