(wL) Forums

Full Version: Staff Application Flood
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I'm sure everyone's noticed that the Staff Application is absolutely flooded with applicants and applications under review. I completely understand you guys are busy with real world shit and that you devote more than enough time and effort to this community, so perhaps you should set a limit to the number of applications under review ? Or maybe even lock the whole forum if you consider that you have enough admins ? Or make a stickied thread describing which servers you guys think needs more admins.

It seems like Spy is doing all of the hard work in there so perhaps you guys should consider promoting one or two admins to senior admins ?

Just trying to open a discussion on this subject and try to make the process more efficient and better for both applicants and senior admins.
> than 10 applicants / month,
it takes a month or two for review,
iSpy can handle it.
iSpy just came back, Bison is out for 1 week, Matt is busy as well, the only thing you guys should is to wait patiently..
DRUNK_KILLER Wrote:iSpy just came back, Bison is out for 1 week, Matt is busy as well, the only thing you guys should is to wait patiently..

How come you didn't address any of the points I made ? I acknowledged that already...
Solution to your addressed points: STOP APPLYING FOR ADMIN!
ceddeeoo Wrote:So I'm sure everyone's noticed that the Staff Application is absolutely flooded with applicants and applications under review. I completely understand you guys are busy with real world shit and that you devote more than enough time and effort to this community, so perhaps you should set a limit to the number of applications under review ? Or maybe even lock the whole forum if you consider that you have enough admins ? Or make a stickied thread describing which servers you guys think needs more admins.

It seems like Spy is doing all of the hard work in there so perhaps you guys should consider promoting one or two admins to senior admins ?

Just trying to open a discussion on this subject and try to make the process more efficient and better for both applicants and senior admins.

There has been cases of admin abuses in the past (Liberal Media, that Rabbit guy from AA and one more guy who I can't recall).  I can only guess that the admin applications process takes awhile is because it is stringent. For some applicants, it might take months before getting approved, others a matter of weeks/days. Criteria for admin selection is private but I believe it involves most of the admins, not only iSpy or the roots.

Anyway, I think they would immediately reject applications or inform us in advance if the admin quota has been reached. Compared to before, I noticed a lot less abuse/cheater/griefing threads in the forums.
<OUT OFF TOPIC>

Spartacus Wrote:There has been cases of admin abuses in the past (Liberal Media, that Rabbit guy from AA and one more guy who I can't recall).
Rabbit? is there any thread or something I could review it? Also, the other admin is sporkis.
Spartacus Wrote:
ceddeeoo Wrote:So I'm sure everyone's noticed that the Staff Application is absolutely flooded with applicants and applications under review. I completely understand you guys are busy with real world shit and that you devote more than enough time and effort to this community, so perhaps you should set a limit to the number of applications under review ? Or maybe even lock the whole forum if you consider that you have enough admins ? Or make a stickied thread describing which servers you guys think needs more admins.

There has been cases of admin abuses in the past (Liberal Media, that Rabbit guy from AA and one more guy who I can't recall).  I can only guess that the admin applications process takes awhile is because it is stringent. For some applicants, it might take months before getting approved, others a matter of weeks/days. Criteria for admin selection is private but I believe it involves most of the admins, not only iSpy or the roots.

Anyway, I think they would immediately reject applications or inform us in advance if the admin quota has been reached. Compared to before, I noticed a lot less abuse/cheater/griefing threads in the forums.
An important fact to note about those Admin Abusers that have been known were the fact that they were given admin BEFORE the application process came into fact.

I've been super busy at work and haven't had a chance to look as to why my gaming PC is not working.

---

Staff Applications are being flooded with a number of people attempting to gain admin in only certain servers. It works out. We can't release details about the admin process but rest assured it works.
joker8baller Wrote:An important fact to note about those Admin Abusers that have been known were the fact that they were given admin BEFORE the application process came into fact.

Wow, how did that happen ? Must've been a huge breach of trust, that sucks.
The Community has come a long way in the 1 year+ I've been here.

At that time, hackers were rampant and there were literally no admins save for the Roots, Jack, and soon after RU. There was a huge recruitment drive in the top 10 players & regulars.
Pages: 1 2