(wL) Forums

Full Version: Popular Maps Server Maps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey so I was wondering if there was any way to add a few other classic maps that for some reason aren't on the servers ?

Maps like :

de_russka
de_tuscan
de_cpl_strike
de_cache

which are a lot of fun and would bring some variety to the gameplay found in the servers. Russka is also a huge favorite for many people and I'd love to play it on a pub server.
i approve this
I like this idea, I talked with Bison about this. I assume he will say "people are not ready for them"  :-\
}{@K@P Wrote:I like this idea, I talked with Bison about this. I assume he will say "people are not ready for them"  :-\
It's about time, if they don't get to know the maps, they won't ever get ready for them.
lol that's what bison told me when i asked him about this, he said that in scrim people rage quit or something, if bison reads this, correct me if I'm wrong  Wink
I think it'd be awesome to have more popular maps there. Perhaps we could add one map a month and see how the players react.
I'd like to also suggest de_scud_pro, which I'm pretty sure was polished and extensively tested by the guy who does the Orange Box NoSteam release. It's well balanced and tons of fun.
Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the cpl maps but they take extremely long to download.  I feel this alone would cause people to hate it.  On the other hand, maps like russka would be dope to have on the server.

I also wouldn't add maps monthly to a popular maps server considering you would run out of maps quickly.  I doubt there are more than 12 maps that could be considered popular so that would be done in a year.  haha
Izzie Rufus Wrote:I think it'd be awesome to have more popular maps there. Perhaps we could add one map a month and see how the players react.
I'd like to also suggest de_scud_pro, which I'm pretty sure was polished and extensively tested by the guy who does the Orange Box NoSteam release. It's well balanced and tons of fun.
I played that map before, it should get at least a chance in the Popular Maps servers, bad thing is there are some annoying camp spots in this map, for both sides.
I was thinking of adding de_tuscan originally, but decided not to since the filesize was 4x that of cpl_mill's. I'll think about adding it, though.

ESEA modified de_cache a few times so there's more than one version of it. A lot of people will run into inconsistency errors and will have to manually delete the map. It'll be a real hassle.

de_russka literally has 6-7 spawns per team and the buy zones are extremely small. If I add this map, then I'll have to completely remake the spawns.

I can't recall why I didn't add de_cpl_strike but I did have a reason. It probably had a lack of spawns like de_russka.  :-\

de_scud_pro looks interesting. I'll investigate that map sometime when I have time.
Is it gonna take too long to add a few spawn points on russka? I really want the map=(
Pages: 1 2