(wL) Forums

Full Version: #1 Issue on wL servers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi, I've been a regular on the various wL servers for around 6 months now and for the majority of this time period my experience has been overwhelmingly positive; you guys run the best CSS servers out there and i visit you guys exclusively. As of late however, the number of people with latencies ranging 150ms, 200ms, 250ms, and sometimes even 300ms... has been staggeringly high. We all know the frustration involved when trying to shoot that "one guy" with the obligatory 250ms and you cannot land a single shot, but when 10-15 out of 40 guys in a game run that high it frankly makes the game unenjoyable.

As we know, many other gaming communities' servers operate with latency contigencies which prevent those who would run with a high ms from participating and consequently ruining the experiences of those looking for a fair and positive gaming session. It obviously forces people to play locally which makes the most sense from my point of view lol but anyway. I propose that wL implement a 150ms cap to end such disruptive gameplay from occuring in the future. This overall will improve balance and player satisfaction across all the wL servers.

I know this would provide negative repercussions for many wL regulars who play outside their regions but it is a necessary step I firmly believe to end the server instability (which has been hand-in-hand with the high number of out-of-regioners playing on the wL servers) and the imbalanced game play that ensues. Thanks for reading and please consider this.

Dirk Diggler/gamble
I agree, I've been seeing this more and more also, it's becoming incredibly hard to shoot people...

There should be a Latency Limit, at 200 or 150
This has been brought up many times on the forums. This is an international community. There is a difference between high ping and bad rates. When we see players skipping around the map due to bad rates we ask them to fix them. If they don't then we kick them.

One of the main people that fund the servers connects from Australia with a high ping. Should we kick him from the servers and ask him to find a different server to play on? Rolleyes
JayCat, post: 70996, member: 2104 Wrote:This has been brought up many times on the forums. This is an international community. There is a difference between high ping and bad rates. When we see players skipping around the map due to bad rates we ask them to fix them. If they don't then we kick them.

One of the main people that fund the servers connects from Australia with a high ping. Should we kick him from the servers and ask him to find a different server to play on? Rolleyes

In light of this is it possible to have international wL servers which bridge australia + SEA and NA, but then also NA only wL servers? For instance Popular maps 1 could be NA or 150ms capped and Popular maps 2 could be international? This could allow for international wL players a place to play with the community but those who want a stable playing environment from NA (where the servers are based) the ability to do so.
That's not the point. The players that play on this server and have become friends doing this are from all over the world. If you have been playing on these servers for as long as you say, chances are that you have players on here that you have made friends with that you enjoy playing with and might be connecting from a location far from here. Would you like to isolate them to some of the servers?

Like I said in my first reply. It's not the ping that makes it hard to play with some of these players. It's their settings.
JayCat, post: 70996, member: 2104 Wrote:This has been brought up many times on the forums. This is an international community. There is a difference between high ping and bad rates. When we see players skipping around the map due to bad rates we ask them to fix them. If they don't then we kick them.
hA, sometimes the admins kick themselves and let the skippers/laggers on the server Rolleyes
I play from Australia with a ping of 180-200, this is never a problem for anyone. I have played people with a ping around the 300 mark and that isnt usually a problem too.

JayCat, post: 71012, member: 2104 Wrote:Like I said in my first reply. It's not the ping that makes it hard to play with some of these players. It's their settings.
The problem is the reg, not the ping really, but reg is meh
If we do this i lose half the friends i play with. Not a good idea, besides its an international community.
Ask yourself this question. Why do I join in and play this game? Do I do this to laugh and have fun? Or is it all about my score and my ranks?

If this game is all about being a tryhard and raising your blood pressure, then maybe this isn't the community you want to play in.

This is an International server with the server owners, server admins and players being from all over the globe. This is what makes the community so great.

Looks like you have a choice to make.
Pages: 1 2