(wL) Forums

Full Version: Ban Appeal - Allah
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My friend Allah got banned from the server tonight. He said he didn't know why. Last night someone asked him to change his name. I think that's silly considering Allah just means God in Arabic. Nothing offensive at all. If that is the reason, I think it's pretty silly.

Overall, me and him and another friend of mine were having a lot of fun drinking and playing. This ban totally buzzkilled the whole thing. Sad

He's a regular in the server and plays with me all the time. I don't see why he was banned. Sad

Steam ID: STEAM_0:1:30285987
Server: Popular Maps

Please unban him. :|
He was banned for 4 hours for Inappropriate Name, probably because there is an admin named Mr.Tea and the banning admin felt that it was directed at that particular admin.

Wait for the ban to expire and please follow the admin's instructions next time to avoid being banned.
lin3ar, post: 73053, member: 795 Wrote:He was banned for 4 hours for Inappropriate Name, probably because there is an admin named Mr.Tea and the banning admin felt that it was directed at that particular admin.

Wait for the ban to expire and please follow the admin's instructions next time to avoid being banned.

That's lame. It wasn't directed at anyone. He followed the instructions last night, but it's his steam name. It's what people know him by. It's unreasonable to expect him to change that name permanently while in the server just because someone is offended by it. It's not pejorative in any way. It just means "God".

We didn't see anyone else in there named Mr. T Bag either, so I don't see how it's correlated.

This totally wrecked my evening. Sad
APPROVED

I didn't see any warnings issued by the banning admin and this is the users first ban. So I've reduced the ban length to 1 minute forcing it to expire.

-CLOSED-