(wL) Forums

Full Version: WarCraft Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I had made the argument in the past about adding the warcraft server mod to an already existing non played warlords server. I apologize if this comes off as offensive to anyone in particular but the amount of people playing in the servers has dwindled drastically since I had played a couple months back. I understand kids are back in school and people have work but we are losing a large quantity of players maintaining a constant state in servers. I believe the community needs to spread its boundaries. Instead of pistols only change it to warcraft server. It really isn't that difficult. When I have more time I will find videos and explain races, skills, items, and the ability to alter any of these to suite what you want in your server. I am absolutely serious when I say I will make it my goal to populate this server if you guys decide to make it happen. If you need me to set up all the files with races, abilities, and items than I will because I have done it on other servers. All I would have to do is send the server owner the files he scans them if he wants w/e and than he puts them in the base files of the server and it runs smooth as a babies bottom. Please people. I need your support on this. This community looks a little worse for wear. How about a new element to lighten it up?
We did and it never went anywhere. :p
How long ago was this though? EDIT: Because either you held one while I was away for a couple months or it has been over a year since you last hosted one. I believe you could have a wonderful warcraft server running in no time. The best part about it is you can turn the mod on and off as you please so if you just want to do test runs on the pistol server to see how it starts off... I would no doubt think that some players in the community would enjoy a little warcraft here and there.
They were hosted from February to April 2011? Maybe longer. :confused:

James`, post: 75183, member: 15260 Wrote:or it has been over a year since you last hosted one.
Yup. Wink

James`, post: 75183, member: 15260 Wrote:I would no doubt think that some players in the community would enjoy a little warcraft here and there.
I'll keep that in mind. If any admin wants to step in and manage it, then speak up! :p
I mean honestly if you want me to look into it and get you every detail so you would have to do as little as possible I would be willing to. The fact of the matter is that pistol server is sitting there cold and alone. I have checked that servers records. It is a sad sight. It is nobodies fault, it's just alone. If you would just pop on the warcraft for say a week, do maybe one event on steam for a warcraft event, you don't have to show up or anything, just to notify people of it. I have no doubt people would start coming forth with better ways to improve it so people will actually want to play.

EDIT: Well I applied so let's cross our fingers and hope iSpy sees it lol.

But I have no doubt I can recruit one or 2 of the admins to get some backing to the server. I know Platform does a somewhat good job in mini-games and might like warcraft. Haven't asked him but w/e lol.

[Image: server_players.php?GSID=1445936&start=-1...3988077356]
This of course being the activity of the pistol server in the past month or so.
We're still getting one of our new boxes sorted out, once it is we will have plenty of resources to play around with. I'm sure we can sort out something, maybe even let you manage it.
Alright sounds good. Managing is not my concern in the slightest. I have no doubt that current admins in the servers could keep the server alive and healthy keeping hackers and such out. I would of course volunteer to assist in any way when it comes to creating/adding/readjusting races so that the higher ups don't have to spend their time doing so like you and Bison. I just want an enjoyable WCS mod environment that has many elements people can't find in the servers out there today. What makes this community special is you guys have the right mindset of making your servers nonsteam which I think is awesome. I of course could never go nonsteam but it opens up the servers to a vast majority of people. It's truly awesome. But let me know when the go ahead is approved. I would love to hit the ground running.