(wL) Forums

Full Version: Force Rates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been around seen this and that. I am not trieing to take away any gameplay, after all you guys are the masterminds behind my favorite server but...

This whole getting killed behind a wall and being shot 5 feet from the point of contact...its really frustrating me. (from what I hear a few others as well)

The suggestion is maby make a server with all the same rates and make one with free opportunity. (IE no forced rates) How many pop servers have to have the same rates? I know you guys have a few unpopulated servers to spare.
Rig, plz, u think its bad in teh popular maps. My Dm has ppl with nice latencies that lag cuz they dont know what a rate is. 100 Latency and i get a lagger, but Silly who has 200 latency connecting from Australia never lags, what does that say....
admins should be forcing rates along side the server. That is a different argument...sorry.
The ones who skip have unstable connections/low fps. I don't think upping the rates on them will help. They will probably skip even more. Rolleyes
Quote:Rig, plz, u think its bad in teh popular maps. My Dm has ppl with nice latencies that lag cuz they dont know what a rate is. 100 Latency and i get a lagger, but Silly who has 200 latency connecting from Australia never lags, what does that say....

Quote:The ones who skip have unstable connections/low fps. I don't think upping the rates on them will help. They will probably skip even more. Rolleyes

admins should be forcing rates along side the server. That is a different argument...sorry yang.
I think latency that is consistently over 250 should be kicked. That's being nice. Honestly, anything over 170 starts to get frustrating with server roll-backs.
Pings don't affect the server for the 1023912391238921 time -____-
Riser, post: 76154, member: 992 Wrote:Pings don't affect the server for the 1023912391238921 time -____-

I didn't say ping. I said latency, and it does affect the server.
I play with a latency of 230ms fine. 250ms is probably a bit too low to be kicked, 400 probably hits the mark a bit better. Might give network tools a shot again, I'll discuss this with Bison.
Matt, post: 76182, member: 178 Wrote:I play with a latency of 230ms fine. 250ms is probably a bit too low to be kicked, 400 probably hits the mark a bit better. Might give network tools a shot again, I'll discuss this with Bison.
300?
Pages: 1 2