(wL) Forums

Full Version: Anti Camp Plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
I hate this plug-in. I'm hardly a camper, but the fact is, camping is a very necessary part of the game. CTs camp bombsite to protect it and Terrorists camp hostages to prevent them from being rescued. It would be one thing if this was just a mod that slapped you if you sat in one spot for 30 seconds, but it slaps you when you are in one area for too long, adds that retarded laser, and fucks up your screen for a little bit.

I play this game for the tactics and competition. I have no issues with campers what-so-ever as long as they're playing their part in getting the objective done in the time limit each map. On it's own, not doing the objective carries it's own penalties of having almost shit for money the next round.

I feel this plug-in ruins the tactics and competitive edge in an otherwise pretty fun server and really isn't necessary.
i guess the anti camp plugin only works for the attacking team and not the defending team Wink
leo, post: 76483, member: 4031 Wrote:I hate this plug-in. I'm hardly a camper, but the fact is, camping is a very necessary part of the game. CTs camp bombsite to protect it and Terrorists camp hostages to prevent them from being rescued. It would be one thing if this was just a mod that slapped you if you sat in one spot for 30 seconds, but it slaps you when you are in one area for too long, adds that retarded laser, and fucks up your screen for a little bit.

I play this game for the tactics and competition. I have no issues with campers what-so-ever as long as they're playing their part in getting the objective done in the time limit each map. On it's own, not doing the objective carries it's own penalties of having almost shit for money the next round.

I feel this plug-in ruins the tactics and competitive edge in an otherwise pretty fun server and really isn't necessary.
ALING KURING SARI SARI STORE, post: 76484, member: 1732 Wrote:i guess the anti camp plugin only works for the attacking team and not the defending team Wink

Yeap. Basically, helping facilitate the servers in players not doing their job. Imagine a CT guy camping garage in office the whole round, with 30 over players waiting in spec seeing how he saves his awp.

There won't be a need for admin to slay 'unnecessarily' anymore.
yeah,, no more typing of "slay" "slap" "votekick" for me :| lol.
but again i think its way too early to notify the server of you camping. I think Bison did a test on how long to rescue the hostages from ct spawn to t spawn to ct spawn again..45 secs by run.I think the plugin should work in like after the 1:15 or 1:30 mark.
Spartacus, post: 76486, member: 1060 Wrote:Yeap. Basically, helping facilitate the servers in players not doing their job. Imagine a CT guy camping garage in office the whole round, with 30 over players waiting in spec seeing how he saves his awp.

There won't be a need for admin to slay 'unnecessarily' anymore.

Saving that AWP is a legitimate strategy for pick-up the next round. Personally, I don't advocate it cause it's a pub and people want to play, so I always try for the objective if the time allows. I think everyone should be doing that, so I don't blame admins slaying (though it's very rare that they do).

As for doing their job, camping is sometimes a legitimate strategy. For example, on de_cbble, it's a good idea for Terrorists to camp inside near B to pick off the rushers and weaken the CTs defense. I've seen this employed numerous time to great effect. The biggest reason for that is that B is hard as hell to get into. It's almost always pinned down by sniper fire and there's a lot of close-quarters action near the door. It's a total choke point. CTs get desperate and rush some which gives T's the opportunity to weaken their defense or rotate to A if mid or side-hall have opened up.

Another good reason to camp is cover the team's flank while they press an offensive. The current plug-in doesn't entirely allow for that.

To me it just causes more problems than it solves. Sometimes I don't really feel like being a scrub and buying a p90 and rushing in like some suicidal idiot every round like half the people in Pop. Map #2.
leo, post: 76483, member: 4031 Wrote:CTs camp bombsite to protect it and Terrorists camp hostages to prevent them from being rescued.
ALING KURING SARI SARI STORE, post: 76484, member: 1732 Wrote:i guess the anti camp plugin only works for the attacking team and not the defending team Wink
Right. cs_ maps only allow terrorists to camp. de_ maps normally only allow cts to camp, however, were the bomb to be planted, then roles would be in reverse. :p

leo, post: 76483, member: 4031 Wrote:it slaps you when you are in one area for too long, adds that retarded laser, and fucks up your screen for a little bit.
Really gotta get the point across. Wink

leo, post: 76483, member: 4031 Wrote:On it's own, not doing the objective carries it's own penalties of having almost shit for money the next round.
Slows down rounds and is plain annoying. Some of these players don't even realize they're camping, so this helps them realize that fact.
M. Bison, post: 76493, member: 359 Wrote:Slows down rounds and is plain annoying. Some of these players don't even realize they're camping, so this helps them realize that fact.

I have lent no consideration to camping on the server. I don't think it's unfair by any means. The only time it ever bothers me at all is when someone isn't doing the objective when they're the last person or two on their team left alive.
Well, that's dumb... don't fix what's not broken.

Camping is definitely a valid strategy in CS. If somebody is excessively camping, people can just votekick them, as they did before.
D O G K N O T S, post: 76516, member: 15307 Wrote:Well, that's dumb... don't fix what's not broken.

That's my thoughts. Server doesn't have any problems staying populated without it anyway. My experience today is that it hasn't stopped campers one bit, they just find ways around it.
There's no question it has legitimate uses in CS. The bigger problem is that pubs of this magnitude invalidate a lot of the validity in camping. In the pub, money is already tampered with considerably. The losing team will rarely get money fucked. So saving of any sort in addition to exit kills are more or less pointless. In a 10man/scrim, there's a smaller pool of people and consequently a reasonable probability of clutching the whole team. In the pub, that's generally not the case. If you're the last alive versus 15+ people, your chances are bad. You're holding up the game. At a certain point it becomes inconsiderate to camp/save considering the amount of people waiting on round_end.

leo, post: 76517, member: 4031 Wrote:My experience today is that it hasn't stopped campers one bit, they just find ways around it.
That's not entirely true. I've seen a few campers start moving after it had triggered. Additionally, when it triggers, it informs the enemy of their weapon and location. Of course there's the people who still camp, however, they become easier to spot and punish for admins. I've already spotted a few campers who tried circumventing it in one way or another. I went ahead and slayed them. After doing that, they luckily got it and stopped. If they hadn't, they would've been removed. Their first warning was the plugin.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7