(wL) Forums
Tournament On Warlords - Printable Version

+- (wL) Forums (https://war-lords.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Community (https://war-lords.net/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions or Issues (https://war-lords.net/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Tournament On Warlords (/thread-19038.html)

Tournament On Warlords - HunterX848 - Mar 03 2021

An admin should host a tournament on warlords. People would sign up and the teams would be balanced based on rws. They would then play each other in brackets with map bans ext. No money needed, just for fun and those who want to have a little competitive competition.

If no admin is interested I could set one up.

RE: Tournament On Warlords - lilfish - Mar 03 2021

(Mar 03 2021, 09:08 AM)HunterX848 Wrote: An admin should host a tournament on warlords. People would sign up and the teams would be balanced based on rws. They would then play each other in brackets with map bans ext. No money needed, just for fun and those who want to have a little competitive competition.

I'm honestly down for this and would love to help set it up Smile

RE: Tournament On Warlords - 150DreamTeam - Mar 03 2021

(Mar 03 2021, 09:08 AM)HunterX848 Wrote: An admin should host a tournament on warlords. People would sign up and the teams would be balanced based on rws. They would then play each other in brackets with map bans ext. No money needed, just for fun and those who want to have a little competitive competition.

I think this would be a great idea and would love to participate in this .

RE: Tournament On Warlords - tardbus - Mar 03 2021

WL tournaments in the last 3 years have almost always been failures due to flakiness, cheating, and general lack of organization. There' has been some moderate success with draft nights being organized, but then it's not too different from just regular pugs other than teams staying the same for the night.

RE: Tournament On Warlords - Ben- - Mar 04 2021

(Mar 03 2021, 03:09 PM)tardbus Wrote: WL tournaments in the last 3 years have almost always been failures due to flakiness, cheating, and general lack of organization.  There' has been some moderate success with draft nights being organized, but then it's not too different from just regular pugs other than teams staying the same for the night.

Nothing came close to the first tournament in term of participation (16 teams of 6-8 players), but it was a scheduling nightmare. Last time i tried to do something in the last 3 years we didnt even manage to gather 10 players in N.A and before that there was the one Caillou tried to organize.

Who knows with all those new players around maybe there is enough interest.

GL to anyone willing to organize one (admin or not) !

RE: Tournament On Warlords - Moon - Mar 04 2021

You son of a bitch, I'm in.