(wL) Forums
Team Stacking - Printable Version

+- (wL) Forums (https://war-lords.net/forum)
+-- Forum: Community (https://war-lords.net/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Suggestions or Issues (https://war-lords.net/forum/forum-16.html)
+--- Thread: Team Stacking (/thread-7539.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

Team Stacking - shingo - Jun 09 2012

Hello, I play on your rotation server under the alias epik. I really liked the addition of the ct/t switch during maps. It has prevented a lot of the players stacking to play the "advantageous" side, if there is such a thing. However, I have noticed the increasing number of people team stacking on the better players' teams. What I mean by that is, some of the more regular, experienced players stacking/joining same teams every map. This obviously is bound to happen in any heavily populated servers like yours, but it's getting to a point when it becomes a romping for the stacked side and the pop dropping from players on the opposing side leaving. In other words, it's becoming excessive.
I can't say for sure that these players are doing it intentionally to harvest points, which is stated to be against the rules of your servers (I don't want to call people out either tbh). And I know that it can happen to a degree. But when these players consistently join the same team, map after map, leading to some players complaining and leaving, I think it's a problem that needs to be addressed. This game is much more fun for everyone when the playing field is leveled and my point is under the premise that wL servers run under a similar principle.
Since this IS the suggestions section, I'll throw some ideas out there. I'm not too familiar with server scripts and settings to know what's possible and what's not so I'm speaking from my experiences purely. AUTOBALANCE. The one currently in place only balances sides when the number of players differ greatly (ie. 16 players to 10 players). This doesn't really help when players get moved AFTER people have left. Also it doesn't seem like it moves players according to their skill level/score/ranking. Maybe implementing an autobalance system that shuffles players (especially the top fraggers) when the score is starting to get lob-sided or a team is consistently winning rounds, could help prevent a side running up the score too much. I've also noticed the money. "6000" for players on the losing team. I think this is helpful but with awps/autos limited, while it can help you grab rifle/kit/armor/nades, the result is usually the same when the skill levels of the team differs that greatly. Otherwise, all I can think of is admins being more aware of these players that do it consistently and having a more explicit warning/consequence system for it.
At the end of the day, the newer players to the server just come in and play. But it's usually the regulars and the all-day-ers that start to stack sides. If nothing can be done, I'd wish a simple message to the regulars (and everyone) regarding your rules against team stacking would remind them every now and then. Thanks for taking my input!

RE: Team Stacking - JukeBoxHero - Jun 09 2012

I have to agree with this and I am also guilty of this, as far as I know you can get an auto balance mod that does just what you want and I do hope the admins take into consideration the idea of implementing a better mod.
A lot of regulars do just what I do (that guy kicked my ass for the last two maps I am going to his team) and it isn't fare to the other players. I have tried the last week or so to not do that knowing they (the better players in the server) aren't going to even the teams.
Best of intentions and I hope this is helpful.

RE: Team Stacking - i cri everytiem - Jun 09 2012

I agree with this, teams should be balanced based on force, not amount of players.

RE: Team Stacking - Registry - Jun 09 2012

I dunno about that automated auto balance.

Ive seen servers clear out because players were mad over being sent to a diff team. Especially when its clan mates.

It dosent even switch the best players from what Ive seen. Its wierd.

My opinion? Eliminate the buy restrictions for sniper weapons. Or up the numbers. More people with snipers...Teams will even up.

I say this because Ive seen on losing teams...better players cant buy sniper because a beginner has it most of the rounds.

Registry Wrote:I dunno about that automated auto balance.

Ive seen servers clear out because players were mad over being sent to a diff team. Especially when its clan mates.

It dosent even switch the best players from what Ive seen. Its wierd.

My opinion? Eliminate the buy restrictions for sniper weapons. Or up the numbers. More people with snipers...Teams will even up.

I say this because Ive seen on losing teams...better players cant buy sniper because a beginner has it most of the rounds.

It is the case and a few people who dominate the server require it...I say if the kids can't learn to buy faster (set binds) they should go away this server is way to skilled to limit its teams for this reason.

(edit) you might be used to the current auto balance of first person joined or auto unstack...the other mod differs player skill not time joined.

RE: Team Stacking - Moriarty - Jun 09 2012

I dunno, what you all see there, but team stacking isn't an issue anymore.

:  /
did some thing change in the last 36 hours...as far as I know almost everyone goes to a certain some ones team....mybad.

Some thoughts.

I have seen good players being accused of team stacking upon joining the game on the middle of the map. It's like they have to wait for available slot in another team to join or wait for the next map, so they can be cool with you, raging about unfairness. Another thing I've heard - "you just joined this team because it will be switched next round and you will go CT on Aztec", or "you just joined CT on aztec, Stacker", so what do you want from good players now, should they just quit? I know we used to have issues with team stackers before we implemented team switching plug-in, even after it, it was a bit unfair due to a bad timing, but it was recently fixed. The only form of map stacking I see is when players intentionally join back to another side after teams got switched, but don't worry about this one, it's very rare, just leave it up for admins to deal with.
Bottom line, if you can't get a kill, don't look for someone guilty in this, work harder to get better.

RE: Team Stacking - silly - Jun 09 2012

trueplayer Wrote:Some thoughts.

I have seen good players being accused of team stacking upon joining the game on the middle of the map. It's like they have to wait for available slot in another team to join or wait for the next map, so they can be cool with you, raging about unfairness. Another thing I've heard - "you just joined this team because it will be switched next round and you will go CT on Aztec", or "you just joined CT on aztec, Stacker", so what do you want from good players now, should they just quit? I know we used to have issues with team stackers before we implemented team switching plug-in, even after it, it was a bit unfair due to a bad timing, but it was recently fixed. The only form of map stacking I see is when players intentionally join back to another side after teams got switched, but don't worry about this one, it's very rare, just leave it up for admins to deal with.
Bottom line, if you can't get a kill, don't look for someone guilty in this, work harder to get better.
Nah, some good players really do stack, some don't, sometimes it's hard to tell which is which. I can say that especially on war-lords servers, teams can get very stacked very often.

silly Wrote:
trueplayer Wrote:Some thoughts.

Nah, some good players really do stack, some don't, sometimes it's hard to tell which is which. I can say that especially on war-lords servers, teams can get very stacked very often.
If they join teams with better players, they suck, if you track it and complain, you suck even more. Just enjoy the game and become one of those changing weather in it.