(wL) Forums

Full Version: Major Lag on iMac since Sept 16th update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi guys, love the servers. Only servers I play on really.

I've been playing the CSS dust_2 DM server for quite a while now and never had any problems. Ever since the September 16 update of CSS via Steam, I've been getting some major controls lag in all the wL servers. I experience no "traditional" lag, but my aim will just dart off in some random direction at times. It makes the server almost unplayable for me. Please help, I really like these servers!

I'm running a 2010 iMac with i3 processor 3.06GHz, 256MB VRAM, 4GB RAM and OSX 10.6.8.

Thanks!

Double post

No one else experiencing this?
Type net_graph 1 into your console & watch the numbers on the right hand side of the graph.
If your lag is within the 1st minute or so , I think that's currently a server side issue.
Knowpain, post: 102410, member: 1105 Wrote:No one uses Mac here except you. Just so you know Smile
Thanks for the useless comment. It's 2013, people are gaming on Mac, deal with it. Especially on older titles. FWIW, I used to be a hardcore PC dude.
mAgneTiK, post: 102411, member: 9809 Wrote:Type net_graph 1 into your console & watch the numbers on the right hand side of the graph.
If your lag is within the 1st minute or so , I think that's currently a server side issue.
My ping is always around 50-60 and I get 60+ FPS without fail, so i doubt it is a connection issue. That said, my lag does occur pretty much straight away. I really think it is a software issue. Like I said, never had problems with this machine on these servers before the CS:S update.

Thanks for your reply.
Well, I use a mac and I've experienced this "darting off" you talk about but it happens very very rarely for me and has never happened in critical situations, so as to piss me off.
evil smile, post: 102421, member: 1896 Wrote:Well, I use a mac and I've experienced this "darting off" you talk about but it happens very very rarely for me and has never happened in critical situations, so as to piss me off.
Good to know I'm not the only one. Maybe slightly different machines experience it differently, mine is still somewhat playable, but I will lose kills because my aim sent me flying somewhere else. Are you using Snow Leopard by any chance? I have a feeling the OS is the culprit, as I have no issues on my ML machine.
|Caporegime| Giacomo, post: 102345, member: 17508 Wrote:my aim will just dart off in some random direction at times.
Is there any pattern to it? Does it happen every minute?
M. Bison, post: 102423, member: 359 Wrote:Is there any pattern to it? Does it happen every minute?
Unfortunately, I haven't been able to discern any legitimate pattern in its frequency. I will say that it does get a bit worse if I am around a lot of other players and the action is heated within maybe 5m of where I am standing.
Can you see whether a spike occurs in net_graph 3/4?
|Caporegime| Giacomo, post: 102422, member: 17508 Wrote:Are you using Snow Leopard by any chance? I have a feeling the OS is the culprit, as I have no issues on my ML machine.

I'm on ML
i also play on a 2010 imac but i do not have that problem is there a chance it is your mouse is it wireless if so i suggest going to a wired one as that will get rid of the problem

also using snow leopard (also recommend downloading istat pro if you do not already have it so you can make sure your lag is not due to cpu or overheating) if you need any info about mac's or how to fix any issues with them feel free to pm me
Pages: 1 2 3