(wL) Forums

Full Version: One AWP per user
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
The concern here is to let anyone buy the awp, without the need to bind the buy key.

ru's suggestion might have flaws, but hopefully we can find a suitable solution.

Restrict each player to 2/3 awp buys per half?
I like ruplayers idea, what i would add though/take out is you are allowed to PICK UP AWPS, but they disapear at the beginning of the next round IF you have already had your 1 buy. :o watcha think of that?
Either restrict the AWP or Don't. That is what this thread is really about.

Plug-ins to allow someone to buy it a few times makes no sense unless it applies to all primary weapons.

The suitable solution, is to ignore the Good Idea Fairy, because it is never Good. Why else would someone that hardly ever AWP suggest and an improvement to balance it. The only reason to do this is to give an advantage to people who like to rush because it is difficult to rush/outflank a team with a good awper. You eliminate the good awper and wow, my rushes are easy.

pTK, post: 67828, member: 2725 Wrote:I like ruplayers idea, what i would add though/take out is you are allowed to PICK UP AWPS, but they disapear at the beginning of the next round IF you have already had your 1 buy. :eek: watcha think of that?

More people just follow around the awper till he dies, so they get it again.
I'm going to be honest. The votes are very strange. There were people who voted on something you wouldn't expect and vis versa. I'm going to post the results sometime later. :eek:

Mr.Tea, post: 67772, member: 1006 Wrote:People that AWP will vote No. People that don't or are tired of getting their awesome rushes stopped will vote Yes. Plain and simple.
Completely untrue.

Fuzzy Izzie, post: 67770, member: 9457 Wrote:It's obvious. All "no" votes here were under blatant coercion and duress and should be promptly disregarded. :p
Probably true.
I dont like the limit idea period. I find it very advantageous to simply yell at the bad awper over the mic, or if someone tells me to drop the awp, heck i give it away even at times, its like, Hey you want an awp, sure,[throws awp to em] sorry all i had was a glock. Me<--:mad:
Cortex, post: 67822, member: 3026 Wrote:lol no chun your dumb..NO OTHER WEAPON IN THE GAME GETS A ONE SHOT KILL WHEN YOU SHOOT ANYWHERE ON THE BODY.
and plz use a different comeback than me using the p90..im sorry you suck ass soo much you can't use anything but a one shot kill weapon...noob ass

thats why you aim at the head, and only requires 1 bullet. doesnt matter if its an awp or not.

and cortex you know your shitty. the p90 is the only reason why you can get kills in this game. this is proof that P90 is for noobs
ur stats show me ur a p90 whore too lol
http://wls.gameme.com/playerinfo/236911

my ol stats:
http://wls.gameme.com/playerinfo/9021

from my stats i got 59,228 points in 11 days and 24 hours of game time..
you got 94,000 points in 39 days of game time...
This is coming from my phone, so excuse the typing, grammar, etc.

Let me first start off by saying I agree with Chun and Tea. Too many unnecessary restrictions are already placed on the Awp. The Awp can be countered with strategy. Either an entire team rush or the proper deployment of smokes and flashes will easily disable an awper.

By creating further limitations on the Awp, you will only succeed in making the game easier to play for newer players rather than prepping them and gettin them ready to become better. Making a more noob friendly environment does not help in the short or long run. Forcing these adaptations will only make talented regular players leave, rather than promote a more popular server.

I don't see how any arguements for the Awp being limited to a map/half would benefit anything. The op p90 and other weapons can easily randomly kill awpers as it is and then having it further limited will just annoy people.

Notice how people are only promoting the further limitations of the Awp and not any other gun. The Awp is easily an overhyped weapon of how good it is. The P90, no matter how much people may try to defend it, is drastically overpowered and favored by noobs. People can easily randomly spray and get headshots and kills from across the map. However, if you try to aim it, you probably won't get the same result. The autosniper as well is a cheap weapon as well and favored by noobs everywhere. This gun is a "cheap" gun resulting in many kills by spamming.

The point of this is that there are no votes or organized complaints agaInst these weapons. I'd argue a majority of these players that are voting to further restrict the Awp rely on these equally as "overpowered" weapons. If the Awp would be to restricted I'd find it highly unfair if these weapons were not restricted as well.

Personally, I think people need to realize that this game requires skill and requires a good amount of playtime. There's always going to be someone better, and trying to limit people's gameplay hurts them rather than help them, leaving them further underprepared to play the real game, especially in a scrimmage.

If some people think this is a serious concern, my first recommendation would be to suck it up.

I know that a lot of the more talented players would greatly oppose this rule if they were on the forums. If some players feel strongly about this, I'd say instead of advocating this rule, make a "noob" friendly server with these restrictions where the p90 and autosniper people can run rampant. Placing these restrictions will only greatly decrease the skill level of our servers.
Actually, it is essentially removing the awp monopoly from popular maps. If Mr Tea, you and I were on popular maps, on T side, only one of us would be able to have the awp. The most dedicated/quickest person would be able to obtain the awp every time. The monopoly is compounded when there's 10 or even 20 people on your team. I've played on maps from their beginning to end without ever being able to purchase an awp (despite trying). At least with ruplayer's (probably suspiciously intended) suggestion, everyone gets at least 1 chance. If any of you argue that the 1 awp per team limit is better, it means that either you want to continue the awp monopoly for yourselves (and as a direct consequence restrict the ability of others to use the awp) because you don't want to get shot by an awp, because you don't like change, or simply because you couldn't care less.
Don't like it, I haven't had anyone complain about not being able to use the AWP on Office. I don't really AWP whore but this is a bad idea imo.

AWPs have their downsides too, you can run while firing, unscoped shots are really inaccurate, you only get 1 shot or you probably get killed, etc. Kinda agree with what Tea said about the thread.
I don't always buy the awp, but I have no trouble getting it As Mr. Tea stated, he doesn't have a problem either and he plays in Germany. There's no need/point for this, you're just restricting the game for those that play it correctly.

There's been a lot of people arguing for changes to the server that will make it more noob friendly. You can't keep helping these kids out, or they'll never be effective in a real game.

The fact of the matter is, it's going to cause problems. I would absolutely hate it, if I got the awp for one round only to be team flashed, blocked, get rushed when I'm the only one defending a point and to lose the ability to get the awp again. It's going to be big problems, especially when you have a team that's getting rolled, and you or someone else not being able to be the force multiplier to change the tide of battle. If the best player on the team got killed when they were awping, then they would never have a chance to get it back to change the tide of battle.

Quote:If any of you argue that the 1 awp per team limit is better, it means that either you want to continue the awp monopoly for yourselves (and as a direct consequence restrict the ability of others to use the awp) because you don't want to get shot by an awp, because you don't like change, or simply because you couldn't care less.
Not true at all.

I rarely awp in the pub servers.
I don't mind getting shot by the awp, I'd be more annoyed by autosnipers and p90.
I don't mind change, but when the change is 'gimping the server' and making it generally more noob friendly, then I have a serious problem.
I do care. I don't like these changes that will negatively affect many of the good players experiences, especially since so few of them are on the forums. I am strongly against such a change.

Seriously, if you think it's an effective rule, test it out on the server. I guarantee you that the top players will not be playing on this server. And we need them to keep the skill level high enough so that we remain popular. Having a noob friendly server may appeal to some like the non-steamers, and people that don't currently have the skill, but I would absolutely dislike any server that implemented such a rule. We have enough rules on the awp as it is already.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16