Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Repopulate US base servers
Come on guys, don't let a DDOS kill US Pop maps and office servers. Who is with me?
We're all with you, Bisons moving the server back to San Jose. Once he does I'll afk and probably play here and there.

Kind of sad to see our regulars playing on other servers lol.
Riser, post: 110750, member: 992 Wrote:We're all with you, Bisons moving the server back to San Jose. Once he does I'll afk and probably play here and there.

* giggles *
Riser, post: 110750, member: 992 Wrote:We're all with you, Bisons moving the server back to San Jose. Once he does I'll afk and probably play here and there.

Probably because quite a few people also moved on to GO
[Image: 191457_101.png]
lin3ar, post: 110773, member: 795 Wrote:Probably because quite a few people also moved on to GO
Moved on to GO, and quit CS after a few months. I bet you though if we can get the servers jump started again they will return.
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator
cucubelu, post: 110779, member: 15378 Wrote:Moved on to GO, and quit CS after a few months. I bet you though if we can get the servers jump started again they will return.
BS! You only idle on GO! and I agree, we need to work together to get the servers back up.
Riser, post: 110780, member: 992 Wrote:BS! You only idle on GO! and I agree, we need to work together to get the servers back up.
I was answering lin3ar, most of the regulars moved to GO for a few months and are now playing other games... mostly strategy games rofl...
Riser, post: 110750, member: 992 Wrote:Bisons moving the server back to San Jose.
Is this for real? If so... any guess as to when that'll happen? And will the IPs change again? Hopefully we can have an automatic redirect from the current IPs to the new ones, if the IPs change... Otherwise it'll take some work to get people in the servers again. That said, I've run into a bunch of the old d2 DM regulars on ours and other servers, and many of them have expressed that they'd be more likely to play if the servers were brought back to west coast. Hopefully they do!

I've been brainstorming a bit about how to get the servers filled regularly like before, but haven't come up with any sure-fire ways to accomplish that yet. One idea was to have something similar to the (wL) CS:S Pick-up Games group [with less spam/no spam], but instead of trying to fill PUGs the goal would be to get the servers populated (self-sufficient) again. My thinking is, if we can get enough people in the group who are wiling to make filling the servers their priority, then we could work the servers one or two at a time. So for example, say for one week we decide to focus on the regular Dust2 and Office servers--this means that players would play primarily on one of those two servers for that entire week. I think if we can keep a decent number of people in the servers daily for at least a week or so, we'll start seeing others join more often. At any rate, having 1 or 2 admins trying to fill each server separately isn't working. I spend a lot of time playing in d2 DM with low pop and bots, just hoping that things will pick up... and I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this. We need to mass on a couple servers until they're alive again, then work on filling different servers. That's just a wild guess on my part though. I'll keep brainstorming..

edit: If I don't have you on Steam, please add me! I'd like to have the rest of the wL admins on my list (or at least the ones who play CS:S) for reference/communication/etc.
"You don't choose the Soy Sauce — the Soy Sauce chooses you!"
-- John Dies at the End
H0ok3r w A P3n1s™, post: 110782, member: 17690 Wrote:Is this for real? If so... any guess as to when that'll happen? And will the IPs change again? Hopefully we can have an automatic redirect from the current IPs to the new ones, if the IPs change... Otherwise it'll take some work to get people in the servers again. That said, I've run into a bunch of the old d2 DM regulars on ours and other servers, and many of them have expressed that they'd be more likely to play if the servers were brought back to west coast. Hopefully they do!

I've been brainstorming a bit about how to get the servers filled regularly like before, but haven't come up with any sure-fire ways to accomplish that yet. One idea was to have something similar to the (wL) CS:S Pick-up Games group [with less spam/no spam], but instead of trying to fill PUGs the goal would be to get the servers populated (self-sufficient) again. My thinking is, if we can get enough people in the group who are wiling to make filling the servers their priority, then we could work the servers one or two at a time. So for example, say for one week we decide to focus on the regular Dust2 and Office servers--this means that players would play primarily on one of those two servers for that entire week. I think if we can keep a decent number of people in the servers daily for at least a week or so, we'll start seeing others join more often. At any rate, having 1 or 2 admins trying to fill each server separately isn't working. I spend a lot of time playing in d2 DM with low pop and bots, just hoping that things will pick up... and I'm sure I'm not the only one who does this. We need to mass on a couple servers until they're alive again, then work on filling different servers. That's just a wild guess on my part though. I'll keep brainstorming..

edit: If I don't have you on Steam, please add me! I'd like to have the rest of the wL admins on my list (or at least the ones who play CS:S) for reference/communication/etc.
The IPs get auto updated when we move servers (bisons h4x). He's only moving pop maps back to west.

I don't know about your population idea tho, would seem troublesome having many groups. We can barely get members to join our current (wL) group.
So office 24/7 is not moving? That is kinda sad, because that was a West Coast pop too... The only Office server populated is the DM one...