(wL) Forums

Full Version: Anti-camp plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
This is part of my series of "how to reduce admin abuse threads".

The following plugin w/ some tweaks if needed: http://forums.alliedmods.net/showthread.php?t=99960

Advantages:
People forced to do objective and not camp. For example: de_dust2, T can't camp unless they plant bomb, CT can camp unless T plant bomb.
Happy people.
Shorter rounds.

Disadvantages:
Angry foreigners.
+1.  People don't need to camp in pubs
I don't like this because it prevents from a "camper" guarding a flank at key terrain. 

I prefer my old server's motd "You may camp until 1 minute is left, but then you must move towards the objective."
Mr.Tea Wrote:I don't like this because it prevents from a "camper" guarding a flank at key terrain. 

I prefer my old server's motd "You may camp until 1 minute is left, but then you must move towards the objective."
That can be something which can be tweaked. At start of round, its level of aggression will be non-existent. The less time there is before round end, then the more aggressive it becomes. Then at the last 10 seconds, you gotta do the chicken dance or be massacred by slaps.  :o
What Tea said.

How can you define a camper? It's excellent strategy to leave one to two people behind closing down a key vulnerability. By exploiting this vulnerability is how one can rush and decimate a team.

Keep in mind, the more plugins you add, the less popular a server becomes.
I think it would be interesting to incorporate any time-based plugin.  It would be nice if it could flash a server message of time left and consequences.  This is what I try to do, but see the second and third order effects of that are a nuisnance.
:Smile sometimes i need to camp 
campers blow. especially the ones who camp EVERY round no matter if bomb is planted or not. they stay at the same spot, every round. i can understand wanting to stop a flank by the opposing team, thats understandable. but camping because you dont want to lose your awp or just die in general is completely ridiculous.
camping until one minute left is ok though  :-\
MY MOM! Wrote:campers blow. especially the ones who camp EVERY round no matter if bomb is planted or not. they stay at the same spot, every round. i can understand wanting to stop a flank by the opposing team, thats understandable. but camping because you dont want to lose your awp or just die in general is completely ridiculous.

*waits for awp huggers to flame Mom* Just kidding, you guys are great Smile

It's a cool idea but I usually just handle campers at my own discretion. Say if someone is camping T spawn constantly every round, I will flash a message like "All Ts must be out of T spawn by 1:30" at the beginning of the next round (as to not give away the Ts position). If they keep ignoring my warnings, I give them a 1hp slap and flash the message again. If they continue for more than 5 rounds, I begin to slay. I don't think I have ever had to slay.

Camping in other areas is fine, because after you notice that they are camping in the same places, you can out-think them and counter them. For example, I know Barcode always camps A on dust 2 CT side (because I usually cover that same spot for the first minute of playing CT side). So I try and flash and nade him, which usually never works because his aimbot is too good for me Tongue

Camping when they are ignoring the objective is not fine though. You do not only have one role in your team on CS:S, you have to change your strategies and adapt as you play. If I was scouting and picking off guys as CT, and then the bomb was planted in the opposite bomb site, I would pick up a fallen rifle and quickly go to the bomb site to try and defuse. It's no good saying "I am the scouter I only scout, you guys have all the other jobs" because that's not a good team mate Sad
Pages: 1 2 3