(wL) Forums

Full Version: One AWP per user
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16

1. The player can only make one purchase of an awp per map. (24/7 servers would go by map half instead due to longer map durations)
  2. There aren't any static limits on awps. There can be an infinite number of awps in a round, but they're still constrained by #1.
  3. If the player wishes, they may use their single purchase to give their awp to someone who has already used their purchase. (This can only be done in spawn)
  4. Users can't circumvent the purchase tracker. If they were to purchase an awp, leave and rejoin, they still wouldn't be able to purchase the awp until map change.
  5. Number of awps per team is unlimited.
Every round? Or every map?
I think he wants it per map. This could probably be upped to per half (maybe on the 24/7 servers which have a longer map duration). I already have a few ideas on how this could be implemented. :eek:

I think allowing them to pick up a dropped awp would be an interesting thing to leave. This may help create a sense of unity and dependency on other players. I'd naturally restrict this ability for pickup to the spawn area only. We wouldn't want people lurking around their teammates until they die, now would we? :p
I think this is a brilliant idea. Allowing a rebuy at halftime also sounds great.
Another snipers server?
DK, post: 67754, member: 3039 Wrote:Another snipers server?
I'm not sure it'd work out that way. There might be a sudden spike of awps one round, but every subsequent round will have less awpers. This system would still keep the amount of awpers down while still ensuring every user is guaranteed an opportunity with the awp. Of course, this may also encourage a certain degree of coordination. If everyone on a team buys their awp in a single round then none of their team will have one later in the map. And no, this can't be circumvented via rejoin. They must wait until the end of the map for another opportunity to use an awp. If we allow players to give their awp to teammates in spawn then some may get another opportunity that way. Wink
I like the idea. But its going to change the gameplay for the awpers as well. I can imagine some guys playing extra douchery, like hanging back to avoid dying.

It won't be an issue when an admin is around though. !slay.
Spartacus, post: 67758, member: 1060 Wrote:I can imagine some guys playing extra douchery, like hanging back to avoid dying.
naturally. Wink

Spartacus, post: 67758, member: 1060 Wrote:It won't be an issue when an admin is around though. !slay.
That'd be a horrible way to lose the awp. If this kind of behavior becomes a problem, I'll permit admins to be a bit more preemptive with the slaying. Any indication they're planning to do it shall result in !slay. In the event it's a false positive I could also add a command allowing admins to reinstate them. Basically they'd be respawned with their health, weapons, position, etc as it was prior to their death. :p
This will make taking out enemy awpers midgame just that much more rewarding. Really hope we get enough votes to give this a shot.
I like this idea quite a bit actually. I like the enthusiasm too, sounds good Wink
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16