(wL) Forums

Full Version: Leave the AWPs the way it was
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15
Russian, post: 70225, member: 10302 Wrote:I believe whatever Bison thinks is right is right. He runs the servers and he knows best.
In other words, you're saying that: Bison cannot make errors, and everything he says is automatically right because he is Jesus Wink Interesting theory.

Teaface, spouting out anecdotes of how you get the awp around 50% of the time doesn't help your case in the least. You're attempting to weave around the logical fact that there's a hugely restrictive and biased awp monopoly, strangely enough, by revealing that you're an awp hog who's presumably motivated by an insatiable awp greed.

Mr.Tea, post: 70233, member: 1006 Wrote:All it took was one jack rabbit to post something in chat, it make into the forums, and an instant Good Idea response from people that do not AWP on the servers. Same thing happen with the time reduction making it near impossible to do objectives on the hard sided maps. VietCong (infamous troll) suggested it, no vote, boom the change. I see a gradual but similar thing happening now.
It doesn't matter where an idea originates from, if it's a good idea.

Mr.Tea, post: 70233, member: 1006 Wrote:Blah blah blah, when changes come if people like it they will stay. If they don't they will leave. You would be more likely to lose more players than gain new players by implementing radical changes.
Yeah there might be initial instability after changes are implemented, but Bison's voucher idea involves a fairer and more balanced system system than the one which you defend.

Mr.Tea, post: 70233, member: 1006 Wrote:We aren't missing the point. There is no point. Times it is hard to buy AWPs and times it is easier to buy AWPs. Yet I still get the AWP? I am smart and I save my money to buy the AWP. I have it on round 3 on losing team and round 2 on winning team. Why? Because I don't get greedy, buy weapons/armor. I save what I like to do. People are pushing for the more "fair" hugs and kisses gameplay. I know you need hug....sorry I am not going to give it to you. If you can't take an AWP, you probably don't deserve it. How about we do a plugin, where it is displayed on a silver platter to people when they can't buy it for 5 rounds.
Lol. Wtf are you talking about? Daydream about hugging random people in your own time.
And again with the "special case" anecdotes. Rolleyes
Other people's awp buying experiences are, on average, much less productive than yours. How is that not clear already?

Edit: Just so everyone is aware, the popular maps # 3 server is still going to be testing unrestricted awps some time soon.
Quote:You're attempting to weave around the logical fact that there's a hugely restrictive and biased awp monopoly, strangely enough, by revealing that you're an awp hog who's presumably motivated by an insatiatiable awp greed.
Guess I have a deagle greed. And it's insatiaible.

There's no workaround to fix this. People play with the guns they want to play with. This awp monopoly bullshit that people keep spreading is crap. One awp per team, and everyone has a chance to get it. Can't buy fast enough? Get better so that you can.

Or remove all limitations. Imposing further limitations to get rid of this bullshit "awp monopoly" is only going to further limit people who like using the gun and who are capable of using it.

I don't have problems with it. The fact that people are saying that it's "hard to get" or "requires binds", then use your pre-determined bind! One of the important things of the game is to know how to buy fast and know your buy keys.

The voucher idea may be a tad bit fairer, but like Tea points out, it only forces players to stick with the style of play you want. Everyone's style of play is different, and just because you don't like the current style doesn't mean it's wrong.

More limitations might get rid of your "awp monopoly (still think that's crap) but it's catering to noobs, and a specific style of gameplay. Let the game be played it was meant to be. We obviously can't let AWP's run rampant, so let's use the standard that has been on the majority over the servers for the past 7 years I've been playing CS. If there was a serious problem, or it needed to be changed, or it was unfair, there would have been changes over the last 7 years.

We don't need to cater to noobs, we'll just prevent them from getting better.

Edit: Tea and I might seem like we're oldschool, but we've been around the block. We've seen a lot, and been through servers that have tried changes on the rules on the AWP. The least unsrestrictive for players is the one-two awp per rule team and it's ALWAYS first come first serve.. It works, it's as simple as that. People understand it, and it's a standard that's held true. Anything more restricts one's gameplay a lot.

I get it, people are mad about certain people using the awp, but get over it. It's not an insanely overpowered weapon, and with teamwork, an Awper is easy to take out. People use guns they like to use. If they can beat everyone to it, then so be it. Learn to buy faster. Hell, has anyone tried asking for it? We don't need to cater to every demand from some kid, just get better. It forces you too. No AWP? Train with a scout. There are so many better options then restricting it more than this.
1st No restriction of awp OR just additional awps available per team (to attain the objective, that everyone has a chance to get the awp)

but successive round buys of AWP will be more costly, for example. Normal cost+2000, so you have to wait a round or two to buy it at normal cost. This will prevent of hoarding the awp in each losing round. This means you can’t just auto buy the awp every single round as the cost for it will accumulate.

and finally, you CAN’T pick AWP when it is drop, you can only buy it. This is also to restrict all players having awp at the same time next round. (prize money of winning teams may also need to be revised)
No. Then losing teams will have an unnecessary burden added to it.
[quote="joker8baller, post: 70296, member: 835"

people are mad about certain people using the awp[/quote]

for me, it's when someone who suck at it but able to purchase it every round somehow and sit in spawn forever and spam even when its own team is rocking and marching all over the opposing team. I dont see these guys play here anymore after the change. Relieved.

on a side note, D2 is just a mass stacking or leaving always.. although has nothing to do with the awp. I try to join the weak team always, but the players will restack quick. Then I will again switch to the weaker team, then they will restack as soon as their team is losing.. the last thing I wanna experience in gaming is feeling "tired of" playing it.
Yeah, I can't comment on D2 since I'm hardly on it, and even less on it since the change.

I do want to point out that in our Scrims, when asking other players about it, the majority (Well over 75%) think it's a dumb idea.

If there's too much stacking, or someone's camping spawn with the AWP and not doing the objective, feel free to contact any of our admins. While I'm not in game 24/7, I'm typically always on and I get called into random servers to warn/kick/ban.
joker8baller, post: 70351, member: 835 Wrote:No. Then losing teams will have an unnecessary burden added to it.

No, you'll just have to wait for a turn or two to awp again. besides, other teammates can awp as well depending on the circumstance. This is just to increase the chance of every one using AWP.
Hey Joker.
joker8baller, post: 70296, member: 835 Wrote:Guess I have a deagle greed. And it's insatiaible.
Lol, but there's no restriction on deagle usage. And I meant *insatiable, lol.

joker8baller, post: 70296, member: 835 Wrote:There's no workaround to fix this. People play with the guns they want to play with.
Well the last two suggestions have been really good: pop maps 3 + awp, and the *force-buy idea.

joker8baller, post: 70296, member: 835 Wrote:This awp monopoly bullshit that people keep spreading is crap.
It's not crap, it's a fact evidenced by logic. But if that's the same to you.

joker8baller, post: 70296, member: 835 Wrote:One awp per team, and everyone has a chance to get it. Can't buy fast enough? Get better so that you can.
That's like saying that only the fastest person out of 10 people to run 1 km gets to eat dinner. Didn't get dinner? Run faster.

joker8baller, post: 70296, member: 835 Wrote:Or remove all limitations. Imposing further limitations to get rid of this bullshit "awp monopoly" is only going to further limit people who like using the gun and who are capable of using it.
Well, tell me what's wrong with bison's new *force-buy idea?

joker8baller, post: 70296, member: 835 Wrote:I don't have problems with it. The fact that people are saying that it's "hard to get" or "requires binds", then use your pre-determined bind! One of the important things of the game is to know how to buy fast and know your buy keys.
One of the most important things in the game is not being able to make awp binds and spam them before anyone else can. That's just absurd.

joker8baller, post: 70296, member: 835 Wrote:The voucher idea may be a tad bit fairer, but like Tea points out, it only forces players to stick with the style of play you want. Everyone's style of play is different, and just because you don't like the current style doesn't mean it's wrong.
I meant *force-buy idea, lol. Yeah I didn't like that voucher idea either.

joker8baller, post: 70296, member: 835 Wrote:More limitations might get rid of your "awp monopoly (still think that's crap) but it's catering to noobs, and a specific style of gameplay.
I don't want more limitations lol. Completely not the point. Just want to spread out the awp usage more evenly between the people who want to awp.

joker8baller, post: 70296, member: 835 Wrote:Let the game be played it was meant to be.
Agreed.

joker8baller, post: 70296, member: 835 Wrote:We obviously can't let AWP's run rampant
And why is that? Actually, haven't you just contradicted yourself with: "We don't need to cater to noobs, we'll just prevent them from getting better", and: "Let the game be played it was meant to be"?

joker8baller, post: 70296, member: 835 Wrote:let's use the standard that has been on the majority over the servers for the past 7 years I've been playing CS
I've been playing css since it came out, and it wasn't the standard in Aus. It was also a lot better as it was in Aus.

joker8baller, post: 70296, member: 835 Wrote:If there was a serious problem, or it needed to be changed, or it was unfair, there would have been changes over the last 7 years.
That's not necessarily true.

joker8baller, post: 70296, member: 835 Wrote:We don't need to cater to noobs, we'll just prevent them from getting better.
Mainly agree.

joker8baller, post: 70296, member: 835 Wrote:Edit: Tea and I might seem like we're oldschool, but we've been around the block. We've seen a lot, and been through servers that have tried changes on the rules on the AWP. The least unsrestrictive for players is the one-two awp per rule team and it's ALWAYS first come first serve..
Ok, so let me get this straight. The least unrestrictive setting is the one in which there is a restriction of awps to 1-2 per team, with the fastest, and probably same few players obtaining the awp virtually every time. Sounds very unrestrictive indeed.

joker8baller, post: 70296, member: 835 Wrote:It works, it's as simple as that. People understand it, and it's a standard that's held true. Anything more restricts one's gameplay a lot.
People used to "understand" that the earth was flat, doesn't mean it was better to believe that.

joker8baller, post: 70296, member: 835 Wrote:I get it, people are mad about certain people using the awp, but get over it.
I don't give a crap if certain people use the awp a lot. I just want to be able to use the awp myself, and a decent amount of times.

joker8baller, post: 70296, member: 835 Wrote:It's not an insanely overpowered weapon, and with teamwork, an Awper is easy to take out. People use guns they like to use. If they can beat everyone to it, then so be it.
You're preaching to the choir.

joker8baller, post: 70296, member: 835 Wrote:Hell, has anyone tried asking for it? We don't need to cater to every demand from some kid, just get better. It forces you too. No AWP? Train with a scout. There are so many better options then restricting it more than this.
First, I'm not a kid.
Second, "just get better" is an irrelevant nonsense reply. Just like if someone shot you in the foot and said "just get better". Getting better at the game isn't going to make you magically have the awp when you want to buy it. It does not logically follow.
Third, I don't want to use the scout, the scout is not an awp. If I want to use the scout, I'll buy one.
If you use this in pop maps which is usually always full 44 players and there is only 20 min too not everyone will be able to get it their chance to AWP so why not increase the number of the AWPs depending on the amount of users playing on the server like what others suggested.
The awp limit already varies from 0-2 based on population count. Additionally, ct on italy, assault, and militia get 2x current awp limit (meaning up to 4).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15