Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russia + Squats? + Free tickets?
[video=youtube]http://youtube.com/watch?v=ojo9M1cPSPI[/video]
If you live in Moscow, your morning commute can now include a brief fitness session.

To promote the upcoming 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics, subway stations in Moscow have added these impressive new machines which allow passengers to do 30 squats for a train ticket.

See also: Breeze Through 10 Months of Travel in One-Second Clips

It's a little like how you used your Wii Fit that first week after Christmas, but with an actual reward. This machine can also tell if you're cheating, unlike the couch calisthenics you can get away with at home.

Source: http://mashable.com/2013/11/12/russian-subway-squats/
[Image: 61kfgjqll7.jpg]
[Image: cucubelu2.jpg]
[Image: 801768_101.png]
Former Stargate Worlds International Moderator
That's actually pretty cool.
But how much do you have to squat? :o
Only 30 from what I can see. Not bad at all.
cucubelu, post: 103770, member: 15378 Wrote:Only 30 from what I can see. Not bad at all.
That's nothing, I've squated once out of all the times I go to the gym and I did like 140 and it was cake.
Good way to get them fat Russians in shape for the holidays xD
cucubelu, post: 103777, member: 15378 Wrote:Good way to get them fat Russians in shape for the holidays xD
They need something like this in the U.S. since we are the fattest people. ;P
RJU, post: 103778, member: 17557 Wrote:They need something like this in the U.S. since we are the fattest people. ;P
I think I saw a comment on youtube, that they should add this for every gas station! That would be perfect actually...Maybe even outside Burger joints. Do 50 squats to get in... or else you won't get your burger!
cucubelu, post: 103779, member: 15378 Wrote:I think I saw a comment on youtube, that they should add this for every gas station! That would be perfect actually...Maybe even outside Burger joints. Do 50 squats to get in... or else you won't get your burger!
Lol, That'd be a hard law to enforce. :/
RJU, post: 103780, member: 17557 Wrote:Lol, That'd be a hard law to enforce. :/
Doors are locked unless you do the squats. One spiral exit, and one normal entrance door. Even if one person is forced to squat to let 5 fatties in it is still a win :p
cucubelu, post: 103781, member: 15378 Wrote:Doors are locked unless you do the squats. One spiral exit, and one normal entrance door. Even if one person is forced to squat to let 5 fatties in it is still a win :p
Imagine how long the lines would take, eff that. Tongue