Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fix AFK timer?
ruplayer Wrote:
EternalReaper Wrote:
ruplayer Wrote:
OwnageHN Wrote:I think there should be an AFK timer for admins.  I hate seeing a full server kicking people out for using "reserved slots" or not being able to connect at all just because an admin decides to sit all night in spectator.

AFK admin is there for a good reason... and if you don't like it we have popular maps 1 server, or any other server.

If an admin is just sitting there AFK in the spec, what is the good reasoning for this? lol. Theyre not administrating or catching anybody, theyre afk, now it might prevent people from doing stuff but some people would be able to tell theyre afk...

I can't really release this information(it's from admin's chat), but if I say so, just believe me=)

Right. How can I believe someone who doesnt even specify the reason?
(° ‿ ° ✿)

[Image: EternalReaper.png]
[Image: 2hmjw44.png]

EternalReaper Wrote:
ruplayer Wrote:
EternalReaper Wrote:
ruplayer Wrote:
OwnageHN Wrote:I think there should be an AFK timer for admins.  I hate seeing a full server kicking people out for using "reserved slots" or not being able to connect at all just because an admin decides to sit all night in spectator.

AFK admin is there for a good reason... and if you don't like it we have popular maps 1 server, or any other server.

If an admin is just sitting there AFK in the spec, what is the good reasoning for this? lol. Theyre not administrating or catching anybody, theyre afk, now it might prevent people from doing stuff but some people would be able to tell theyre afk...

I can't really release this information(it's from admin's chat), but if I say so, just believe me=)

Right. How can I believe someone who doesnt even specify the reason?

Oh, ok, ok! You got me, the thing is that he's not really AFK, he's watching the game all night long without chatting or talking ... he's recording it! always! But don't tell nobody.
So basically all theyre doing is just sitting there spec'ing and recording a demo?
(° ‿ ° ✿)

EternalReaper Wrote:So basically all theyre doing is just sitting there spec'ing and recording a demo?

Yes sir all night long... it's tuff to be admin nowadays, because in the morning another admin has to review that demo for 8 hours or so, I think we should be getting payed for this, working hard!
That seems smart but at the same time, a bit dumb. Sitting there recording all night and then have another admin look it over, as you said, 8 hours or so, can have its ups or downs. Does it actually work? Or is it even worth it to sit there for those 8 hours or so to watch it? Why not just make schedule that each admin watches a certain server at a certain time? Or like I, The Rival said something about that SourceTV or whatever capturing game play to help catch hackers?
(° ‿ ° ✿)

No more comments.... I need to go, so I can get some sleep before the new demo is recorded by mr. Tea.
ruplayer Wrote:No more comments.... I need to go, so I can get some sleep before the new demo is recorded by mr. Tea.
Seriously. The last week have been hell for me. I've become a zombie watching all those damn demoes. Thank god you took the next shift RU...
[Image: JokerSig.jpg]
I doubt Mr. Tea is recording a demo each night and I doubt people actually review it every day.  It's not worth the man hours nor is it an effective way of administrating the servers.  It would be much more effective to have SourceTV recording demos - that way you can switch from player to player during review.

The fact is that there is a chance of losing a potential regular every time they get rejected when they try to join with an AFK, admin or not, in the server taking up the available slot.

I don't have a problem with an admin sitting in spec watching players like a hawk for hours, but when they're sitting in spec not watching players like a hawk, e.g. AFK, and the server is full, then it's detrimental to the health of the server.  Most people do not recognize Mr. Tea as being an admin, so it's not like he's a deterrent for cheating.  I'm also not trying to target Mr. Tea in particular - nor any particular admin - because he has helped me out, but he's a good example to use.
[Image: 0:3304193_css.png]
Yeah that's really not a good way of doing it (having an admin sit in AFK for 8 hours recording a demo for another admin to watch). Just have SourceTV record it all. It takes up one slot in the Spectator channel, and records EVERYTHING!
If you read this, you suck.
OwnageHN Wrote:I doubt Mr. Tea is recording a demo each night and I doubt people actually review it every day.  It's not worth the man hours nor is it an effective way of administrating the servers.  It would be much more effective to have SourceTV recording demos - that way you can switch from player to player during review.

The fact is that there is a chance of losing a potential regular every time they get rejected when they try to join with an AFK, admin or not, in the server taking up the available slot.

I don't have a problem with an admin sitting in spec watching players like a hawk for hours, but when they're sitting in spec not watching players like a hawk, e.g. AFK, and the server is full, then it's detrimental to the health of the server.  Most people do not recognize Mr. Tea as being an admin, so it's not like he's a deterrent for cheating.  I'm also not trying to target Mr. Tea in particular - nor any particular admin - because he has helped me out, but he's a good example to use.

I never know who's an admin unless they have (wL)Admin next to their name... o.O
(° ‿ ° ✿)