Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No Marijuana does not adversly effect your lungs
Not trying to make this tread too serious but anyone who actually thinks weed doesn't harm your lungs is just in denial . Smoke is smoke and will harm your lungs. My mother passed away a few years ago. She had a stroke but what caused he to pass was her emphysema that didn't allow more oxygen to get to her brain. Emphysema caused from smoking pot...
So according to me, pot is even lethal. She was only 48 too, so age had nothing to do with it. And she did smoke it since she was about 14..
Must have been some bad shit then dude, because i have been smoking sense about 16 and now im 22. I have been smoking a lest a gram+ a day and still have proper lung function. I also know plenty of people that have smoked for 30+ years that have never had any health problems. TBH i dont see the pot smoke causing the Emphysema if she smoked it sense when she was 14 and is now 48. It could have been anything like air pollution or just genetics.

I do believe that marijuana is something that should be used as a medication and its not for everyone.  if you dont know where you are getting your pot from you dont know what is in it and i dont recommend buying pot from anyone you dont know. i either grow my own so i know that it is organic and it has not been tampered with, or i get it from the medical club out here in cali(which i dont do often) because of what i stated above. but i could see that happening to someone if there where smoking a lot of really bad leafy shake.

Joke:
You must be in some serious denial if your going to tell scientists that the study they have been doing for 20 years is wrong...
[Image: jmchoooiumxgp4oyra5.png][Image: 4im0y2kvr2yk2v2nr7.png]

http://war-lords.net/flamez/matt-4838/m ... n#msg34895
^^^^ Click and say Thank you to the guys who keep
this shit going.NOW^^^^

naive Wrote:I've fallen asleep cuddling a laptop before, don't judge me.
Quote:I have been smoking sense about 16 and now im 22. I have been smoking a lest a gram+ a day and still have proper lung function. I also know plenty of people that have smoked for 30+ years that have never had any health problems. I do believe that marijuana is something that should be used as a medication and its not for everyone.

Don't forget to say it on your next job interview bro.
[Image: jqmd52.png][Image: Craack.gif]
M. Bison Wrote:Did either of you fully read the article?
+1
[Image: bxj6gaq99c9hyvinfkvn.jpg]
[Image: w0l5y0.png]
SpartanOnLSD Wrote:Yeah i did

M. Bison Wrote:
Article Wrote:What’s more, there was some evidence that very heavy users -- those who smoked the equivalent of a joint a day for 40 years or lit up more than 25 times a month -- might lose lung function.

But because the number of heavy users in the study was small, researchers say they aren’t sure whether those trends are valid or not.

Did either of you fully read the article?

See that part that is bigger. also a keyword is MIGHT
I know that this your medication, but the way i normally deal with things is that i dont leave it to chances, i always try to know for sure if it will hurt me or not, dont leave a room for chances like there is still a chance it will not hurt you.

This is a path that once you go through there is no turning back if it had a bad effects on your lungs once those effects shows on you, you cant go back to the way it was before.

But since its a medication try to find alternatives, always have a back up plan, and do a regular check ups every month or 3 months, so if anything any side effects appears, it wont be too late for you to stop.

But then again this is my opinion, i just know that everything have a side effects such as too much food can cause some heart problems, and taking too much pain killers might cause liver failure.

Always try to smoke less than you need, even by a few,  and remember that proverb which says everything exceeded only turned against him.

But thats how i would deal with things, its just an opinion and advise, and im not saying whether marijuana is bad or good im just saying to take everything into account.
ruplayer Wrote:
Quote:I have been smoking sense about 16 and now im 22. I have been smoking a lest a gram+ a day and still have proper lung function. I also know plenty of people that have smoked for 30+ years that have never had any health problems. I do believe that marijuana is something that should be used as a medication and its not for everyone.

Don't forget to say it on your next job interview bro.

If i get drug tested then i do tell them that im prop215 legal, and if that is the reason the dont hire me then i can sue them because im legally allowed to have it by the state of California, and people have won large amounts of money because of this and wrongful termination due to medical marijuana.

Assassin Wrote:I know that this your medication, but the way i normally deal with things is that i dont leave it to chances, i always try to know for sure if it will hurt me or not, dont leave a room for chances like there is still a chance it will not hurt you.

That is what im doing by growing my own and not buying from rando people on the streets. There is a lot less of a chance that marijuana is going to hurt you then smoking Nicotine in cigarets(one of the most deadly chemicals know to man) or inhaling the pollution from the Oil refinery that is right down the road from my house, or drinking the tap water that has been pumped full of florid and pharmaceuticals.

Assassin Wrote:This is a path that once you go through there is no turning back if it had a bad effects on your lungs once those effects shows on you, you cant go back to the way it was before.

what do you mean? Are you saying that its addictive? because that just not true. And if you are saying that your lungs dont heal (if there is any damage) that is false as well just google "do your lung heal from smoking" and you will find a lot.

Assassin Wrote:But since its a medication try to find alternatives, always have a back up plan, and do a regular check ups every month or 3 months, so if anything any side effects appears, it wont be too late for you to stop.

Marijuana is the alternative medication for me. When i started to smoke pot it was because i was not able to take pain killers because my stomach wouldn't allow me to, whenever i did take them i would get horrible pain. The only time you really have to worry about your lungs is if your smoking plant matter alot. I mostly smoke concentrates(hash), vaporize it, or make brownies.  All of these dont hurt your lungs because your only getting the medicinal value of marijuana(THC).

Assassin Wrote:But then again this is my opinion, i just know that everything have a side effects such as too much food can cause some heart problems, and taking too much pain killers might cause liver failure.

I agree, im sure that if you do smoke the plant matter non stop everyday for 50 years then your going to have lung problems, but the fact is that no one smokes that much. You would literally have to continuously smoke for every minute of that 50 years.

Assassin Wrote:Always try to smoke less than you need, even by a few,  and remember that proverb which says everything exceeded only turned against him.

But thats how i would deal with things, its just an opinion and advise, and im not saying whether marijuana is bad or good im just saying to take everything into account.
I understand what your saying, dont be a person that uses more than they need. i would say that some days i do and some days i dont. it just depends on that day. and like i said before its not for everyone to use.

In the end i dont really understand why people fight over this. It is just a plant that is naturally grown from the earth, and could be use in so many different ways that its ridiculous to even think that its not legal.(aside from the medical values) It could be used as a renewable fuel, clothing, food, in cars, for paper, and there are many other things that it can be used for as well, but it boils down to one thing. The people that run the world would lose a lot of money to the new and upcoming pot/hemp industry that would boom if it where to be legal.

this shit going.NOW^^^^

SpartanOnLSD Wrote:
Assassin Wrote:This is a path that once you go through there is no turning back if it had a bad effects on your lungs once those effects shows on you, you cant go back to the way it was before.

what do you mean? Are you saying that its addictive? because that just not true. And if you are saying that your lungs dont heal (if there is any damage) that is false as well just google "do your lung heal from smoking" and you will find a lot.
i know that lungs can heal, what i meant was permanent effects, there are things lungs cant be healed from so i suggested a regular check ups, just like cancer if its discovered early it can be treated if its discovered in its late stages then there is nothing can be done.
Even if there is a 1 % chance that it might hurt you take it into consideration, all im saying is that if it have permanent bad effects then by doing regular check ups you will know before it the situation develops while you are unaware.
And again i say im not saying the marijuana is bad or good im just suggesting something to you, in the end you cant know whether it have bad effects or not, so im saying just to plan ahead just in case. 
totally, but marijuana doesnt cause cancer, in fact they have found at UC Berkeley that it helps kill the cancer cells.

but i still understand what your saying. If there are any adverse effects from it they might be able to see it and help me fix a problem if it where to arise.

this shit going.NOW^^^^

SpartanOnLSD Wrote:totally, but marijuana doesnt cause cancer, in fact they have found at UC Berkeley that it helps kill the cancer cells.

but i still understand what your saying. If there are any adverse effects from it they might be able to see it and help me fix a problem if it where to arise.
i used cancer as an example im not saying that marijuana casues cancer, im just saying that if incase marijuana might cause some permanent damage to the lungs doing regular check ups will make you see the damage when its still treatable.
Im sure you know that alot of patients that die from cancer didnt realize that they had cancer till its too late and its not treatable, thats why you should do regular check ups.
yeah and i was agreeing with you on that in the last post that i made. lol

this shit going.NOW^^^^