Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The boy who sees without eyes
silly, post: 67008, member: 2152 Wrote:You're absolutely right Assassin Wink And yeah, he doesn't quite "see", he "senses".
Arent I always right Tongue Wink
Assassin, post: 67023, member: 2398 Wrote:Arent I always right :p Wink

#loljk
[Image: 1UH9a8H.png]

[Image: 5pfuEDP.gif]
I wanna guess Silly is some kind of atheist, or he just cant you know offer, a non-offensive viewpoint on things, i didnt say agree with me, but basically calling all systems of Faith as total bs, would really hurt alot of ppl. Also, you just stated 3 western stereotypes of 3 Asian cultures, and then do u wanna answer the question why does every great cultures' mythologies have a Great Flood tale?Noah's Ark is Bs though.
I also assume Silly doesn't know who Dr.Wayne Dyer, and Joseph Campbell are.
George, you arent wrong, but you arent right either. One, forms do not equal martial arts, two, it only works in Movies is true, three, did you ever think that all those wonderful martial arts forms you learned were actually tools to help you learn how to actually fight, more or less choreographed examples rather than actually fighting. Since if im going by your argument, then Karate masters who practice forms, cant break a baseball bat on their shins, people who practice forms and stuff in martial arts, cant hurt you, that they can't fight.(see the sarcasm there)
"Ignorance is Bliss"- Sima Yi from DW6
I never said they couldn't fight or hurt anyone. But I've learned that practicing katas isn't really gonna learn you how to fight. Katas are useful to some extent. They are like shadowboxing, you can't rely on that alone. You need to spar, full-contact to learn techniques.

And those karate masters won't survive too many rounds in the UFC, trust me. They limit themselves too much to one style, and they don't have enough fighting experience.
General Josh, post: 67062, member: 946 Wrote:I wanna guess Silly is some kind of atheist, or he just cant you know offer, a non-offensive viewpoint on things, i didnt say agree with me, but basically calling all systems of Faith as total bs, would really hurt alot of ppl. Also, you just stated 3 western stereotypes of 3 Asian cultures, and then do u wanna answer the question why does every great cultures' mythologies have a Great Flood tale?Noah's Ark is Bs though.
I also assume Silly doesn't know who Dr.Wayne Dyer, and Joseph Campbell are.

Technically, there's only one type of atheism, simply put: the lack of belief in the existence of a supernatural deity. Yes I am an atheist.

They aren't Asian stereotypes lol, many (not all) people believed in those things.

I am saying that if a person is sincerely interested in the actual truth, they'll try to find reasons for why they believe in something. If there's a legitimate reason, there has to be evidence, and if there's no evidence, there's no reason to have that belief.

Why does every great culture have a Massive Flood Myth? That's not true, but I assume that many do, either because the myth was communicated from culture to culture, or because separate occurrences of normal floods were exaggerated and mystified by the locals into isolated/independent but similar myths.

Nope, I haven't heard of either of those people before, care to explain?
[Image: 2ntzjn7.png]
silly (no sound): you need to learn
Zero: i taught you
silly (no sound): how to be cool like me
Zero: you knifed me when i retired
silly (no sound): I have hopes for you
silly (no sound): to be my apprentice
silly (no sound): my prodigy
silly (no sound): to carry on my legacy
silly (no sound): good luck padawan
silly (no sound): may the force be with you
Zero: lol
Zero: why you make it sound that you are never coming back alive master?
Zero: Tongue
silly (no sound): I will
silly (no sound): when you're ready
silly (no sound): to show me what you've learnt
silly (no sound): when you're a jedi
George Of The Jungle, post: 67064, member: 3094 Wrote:I never said they couldn't fight or hurt anyone. But I've learned that practicing katas isn't really gonna learn you how to fight. Katas are useful to some extent. They are like shadowboxing, you can't rely on that alone. You need to spar, full-contact to learn techniques.

And those karate masters won't survive too many rounds in the UFC, trust me. They limit themselves too much to one style, and they don't have enough fighting experience.

See George gets it, hes absolutely right in his first sentence. The second sentence is true to the some degree, yes they do only know one style, but then again ok, why do you think Thai Kickboxers dont go to the UFC, i.e because they will kick you until your leg falls off. This thread got way off topic, i think the admins enjoyed it to some degree though.

Oh, silly is an atheist, well that makes sense then, but wait my first post had nothing to do with religion, and then somehow he equated me saying spiritual with religion, which by definition are not the same, especially when used as an adjective.
Then you commented on my example of Miyamoto eventhough i warned you not to because i know most ppl wouldn't have read his book, or know exactly who he is.
Then you dont know who the two famous ppl i mentioned above are, which if you did, maybe you wouldve known where i was coming from in the first post. I didnt say i expected you to know who they were, but i didn't expect such an arrogant response.
1st rule of Debate, if you dont know where the person you are debating with is getting their facts, or don't know even fraction of what they are talking about, dont say anything.
You really don't know what you are talking about, because you didnt do any kind of investigation as to why i had the opinion i did, you just immeadiately tried to refute it without having an understanding of where i was coming from. Which is the 2nd rule of debate, no investigation of facts=no argument.
Now if you had asked me before hand where i was getting my facts, or the "why is that your opinion" question, and i would've most certainly have told you, but you didn't and you just assumed you knew what you were talking about.
The whole thing about that there "are limits," that things are"finite" you're fucking spliting hairs like anyone can, Der humans cannot fly by their own means, but we can invent something that can let us fly now can't we? Thats what i meant by limits, i used the example that scientists said light was "unbendable" but that now there is a theory out there that it can be.
Your the kind of person that 60 years ago would have said "its impossible to travel to or in space", that obstinate and overzealous attitude about how right you are, thats why i called you self-centered.
You even stated it in the third line of your above post, but apparently you dont actually do the things you tell others.
General Josh taking discussion serious O.O haha, jk

DK Must Die!!! jkWink

Deathmatch Drunk?
General Josh, post: 67072, member: 946 Wrote:DK Must Die!!! jkWink

Deathmatch Drunk?
Gonna go eat.. But I'll let you know soon Smile