Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CS:S Tips, Tricks and Easter Eggs! :)
Okay, it's time for a Fun Tips Post.

Fun Tips

Making your crosshair purple
Purple in my opinion is the best color there is for a crosshair. It isn't too light that you can't see anything in dust2, but it also isn't too dark to look at dark spots like in nuke. Smile

commands:
cl_crosshaircolor 5
cl_crosshaircolor_b 220
cl_crosshaircolor_r 250
cl_crosshaircolor_g 0

Try this color out, if you like it and want it to be permanent, then go to your cfg folder and make a file called autoexec.cfg if there isn't already one and put these commands in. Smile

Lerp Commands

I'm not sure the exact definition of lerp, or what it is as a matter of fact, but I do know that the lower the lerp without being (orange?) the better!
lerp commands:

cl_allowdownload "0"
cl_allowupload "0"
cl_cmdrate "100"
cl_downloadfilter "no sounds"
cl_interp "0"
cl_interp_all "0"
cl_interp_npcs "0"
cl_interp_ratio "1"
cl_lagcompensation "1"
cl_pred_optimize "2"
cl_predictweapons "1"
cl_resend "6"
cl_smooth "0"
cl_smoothtime "0.01"
cl_timeout "9999999"
cl_updaterate "100"
rate "35000"

Save that into autoexec!

Ragdoll Physics
It sucks! Don't use it! There will always be times where someone's head/body will be blocked by a dead body! It's completely useless. Plus, unless you're really weird, you wouldn't enjoy seeing so much death around you. So do this command:
cl_ragdoll_physics_enable 0

Weapon alignment
This tip will be extremely shady, I advise not many people to try it unless they're serious Smile Believe it or not, if you're right-handed, then a left weapon alignment would better suit you. I have no explanation for this, but I can assure you that it worked for me. The best explanation I got was that "if you're right handed, then you're generally right-eye dominant, so removing that annoying gun out of the right side of the screen will improve your reflexes."

I didn't agree, but I wanted to try it anyway. I had successful results with my deaging. It might be just my mind and the placebo effect, however it's unlikely.

The very first moments of having a left weapon alignment is really annoying. You will think things like "Wtf, guns aren't supposed to look like that." Or "Omg, guns aren't supposed to reload like that." After an hour or so of playing in a DM server, I got pretty used to it Smile

Try at your own risk!
[Image: Untitled-181.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
CS:S Tips, Tricks and Easter Eggs! :) - by bSprout - Jun 28 2011, 09:26 AM
RE: CS:S Tips, Tricks and Easter Eggs! :) - by bSprout - Jun 30 2011, 12:07 AM
RE: CS:S Tips, Tricks and Easter Eggs! :) - by Bah - Jul 19 2011, 01:13 PM
RE: CS:S Tips, Tricks and Easter Eggs! :) - by keek - Jul 21 2011, 07:18 PM
RE: CS:S Tips, Tricks and Easter Eggs! :) - by Bah - Aug 14 2011, 12:27 AM
RE: CS:S Tips, Tricks and Easter Eggs! :) - by Sol - Aug 14 2011, 04:35 AM