Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
wL Server Popular Maps #2: Round Time Duration Decreased
Quote:For some reason this player is the [glow=red,2,300]only[/glow] player who complain about me not doing objectives

You are alive most of the time when people are complaining about you because you are the last man standing when all of your teammates have died thus you cannot see our chat. There are a few people typing how bored or noob you are.
Media was annoyed enough to post on the forums. I was annoyed enough to post on the forums.  How about the others who have not taken the time to post?  I am sure there are others whom are exasperated watching you sit in various parts of the map near your spawn unrelated to objectives.  We want to play not watch you crouch walk and the timer run out without you giving a decent effort.

Quote:And in the mean time two days ago when you said I don't do objectives I planted bomb on Inferno 3 times in a row
My point exactly.  In a 42 person server, for you to get the bomb 3x times in a row means you have waited for everyone to die and finally decided to come out of your hiding hole.  It is highly unlikely on a team of 21 people that you are able to get the bomb 3x unless everyone is dead.

As you claiming to be objective oriented, here is a graph rejecting that basis.

[Image: objectives.jpg]

In about 406 hours you have played on the server, you have planted 20% relative to your playing time.
1 plant/ 5hrs.

In about 406 hours you have played on the server, you have defused 4% relative to your playing time.
1 defuse/ 25hrs.

I don't consider myself very objective oriented but I am using my statistics as comparison.

In 169 hours I have played, I have planted 93% of the bombs relative to my playing time.
About 1 plant/ hr.

In 169 hours I have played, I have defused 25% of the bombs relative to my playing time.
1 defuse/ 4hr.

So the graph says you are not objective oriented as accused.

Our clamorous criticism is due to our perceived selfishness of your play.  We are not happy that you sacrifice the team for your survival with little regards for teamwork.  This is how we view it when you are usually the last person alive on your team regardless of your commentary.

When some of us brave teammates confront you as the admin, this style of play even discouraged on wL Message of the Day (MOTD), you ignore us or retort that you were trying to win the round.  However, when we see very unintelligent moves like crouchwalking and poor peeking combined with substandard crosshair placement, we see no hope in your heroic efforts that you view yourself as completing.

While we sympathize your "efforts", we feel the strategy you undertaken is subpar to acheiving the desired outcome of winning the round.
When we voice our concerns, we are greeted with a haphazard, snarling remark that does little to satiate us like, "I do whatever I want."

As administrator of a server, you help others comply to the rule and yourself abiding by them.  We expect this person to be personable, amicable, and diplomatic in handling any concerns the players bring forth. 

I, myself, have been in situations as last man standing have actually typed "kill" in console realizing I am making 80% of the server watch me play while they themselves would rather be playing instead of watching.  Simple gestures go a long way to establish rapport instead of comments that alienate and lead to verbal quarreling and subsequent banning of the party with unequaled privileges.

Thus my orignal post on this topic never identified you.  I realize the true solution was to shorten the round duration, however you felt the need to identify yourself and antagonize me further after I am already annoyed at your actions.  We get into an argument and you ban me.

Think of the solutions and how to create an enjoyable experience for the people whom you look after for a sustainable, foreseeable future of wL.
Your actions represent your wL community.

People are free to state their opinions.  If you wish you peruse (stalk) my chat to appease your ego, you may.  But to threaten to ban longer for any comments you find point to your style of play is very selfish and hedonistic, making this a matter of hubris than true resolution of the problem.

Pertaining to my $100 donation commitment.  I would like to honor it. 
I will donate $1000 if your admin status is revoked for unnecessary slaying and poor administrating.

You know my steamid, you can ban me permanently if my promise is not affirmed.

Attached Files

.jpg   Objectives.jpg (Size: 152.98 KB / Downloads: 1)

Messages In This Thread
RE: wL Server Popular Maps #2: Round Time Duration Decreased - by VietCong - Aug 02 2011, 03:19 PM