Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Resolved  i think something should be done about this....
xFerior Wrote:SMAC is relatively new, especially the eye angles module. o.o

Yeah, that's what I meant. Bison spent 48 - 72 hours on the server when they were first up because it was necessary to spend that much time, as there were less admins and no SMAC/EAV plugins. Now we have more active admins and those modules running, its not necessary for an admin to spend 27 hours connected to one server in Spec (for however many hours that was in spec/in game).

I mean, when the server is low on players, it doesn't really matter, but when it's almost full (or in this case, completely full) then it's detrimental to have a slot taken up by someone thats not there, especially when there are other admins around that could connect instead.

I am not bashing anyone here, I am just trying to elaborate on Zenks original point, which I kinda agree with. At the same time, it's good to have Mr Tea dedicating a lot of time to being on a server. But if he's not there for hours on end, then it's quite pointless. You could argue again that if you see an admin sitting in spec, then its a deterrent for hackers. But then again, most random hackers wouldn't guess that he was one, so would just go ahead and hack anyway. In most cases hackers don't care, even if the admin is playing the game with them, they still carry on hacking.

I dunno, it's a simple solution really. Just ask Mr Tea to disconnect if he's going to be leaving the keyboard for a few hours. Simples Smile
If you read this, you suck.

Messages In This Thread
RE: i think something should be done about this.... - by I, The Rival - Aug 08 2011, 11:27 AM